Hi- Bi!

Amy Shark- I Said Hi, just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

Just a I had thought the groups immediately yelled against the idea. Seeming to be unable to swallow their pride.

"Absolutely not! We'd rather be taken by the fie nation than travel with those stinking thieves!" The Gan Jin leader said in disgust.

"We wouldn't travel with you pompous fools anyway!" The woman seemed to scowl.

The two groups exchanged words, and despite the migraine I couldn't help but smile,

At least they agree on something.

Aang's heart rate jumped at an aggressive rate.

Alright, here's the deal! You're all going down together, and Appa, and Lyra will fly your sick and elderly across! Does that seem fair?" Aang snapped.

Something in my head popped and my chi regulated itself once more. The migraine pulled back and I didn't realize it but my veins in my hands, and forehead relaxed and smoothed out.

The tightness in my back relaxed and I sighed in relief.

Wait a second- was I just volunteered for keeping the elderly, and sick safe?

I mean, it was better then trekking through a dry canyon.

The groups nodded, a bit begrudgingly. But they agreed.

I leapt from the saddle hiding my fatigue.

"Sick, and elderly!" I called.

There where maybe thirteen people in total from both groups. They seemed hesitant to trust a blind girl with their safety but were reassured that I was there to keep to conflict away.

I was actually quite relieved when I caught word of the rule of no food in the canyon. Now I really was happy that I wasn't going in.

I'm glad Aang had noticed my discomfort with the dry canyon, so that's why I wasn't upset at him for having me go with the elderly.

Also I was better equipped as I knew how to care for the sick and elderly.

The sick stayed on one side of the saddle, and I found that one was a diabetic.

Immediately I ceased the groups and realized something vital.

"Stop!" I yelled blocking the groups,
"I need all diabetics, and people with organ issues such as asthma, and heart problems to seperate and get on the bison." I yelled.

Three people seperated from the Gan Jins and one from the Zhang's.

Two of the Gan Jins were twins, no older than seven. One was thinner, and the other wheezed in the dusty air.

The two joined their diabetic grandmother, and the leader watched anxiously.

I had to pull him aside, explaining that the little girl with asthma was already struggling to breathe and the dusty canyon would make it much worse. He questioned why her brother had to come as well. He stated that the boy was a type one diabetic from genetic but said it wasn't serious.

I looked to him as if he was joking, i explained how blood sugar fluctuated and without food for a day his blood sugars could drop dangerously low, and lead to many dangerous paths.

He let it go and I assured their mother that they'd be fine and they could bring a toy with to keep them entertained.

The other person had heart disease.

The one from the Zhang tribe was a young messily dressed woman or guy I couldn't tell.

The introduced themselves as Alex, and they appeared to be ambiguous.

Alex said she preffered the female pronouns so I addressed her as such.

She had a leg amputated from what she was explained was a severe infection against her type one diabetes.

Once certain eveyone walking was healthy we took off on Appa.

Asura seperated the groups and I sat on Appa's head.

Luckily Asura still fit just barely on Appa's saddle.

The two groups sat awkwardly, and one of the older Zhang men coughed heavily.

I made sure they were comfortable, and felt my chi finally return to its normal level.

I stepped onto the saddle and crouched at the man's side.

I used my waterbending to sense the issue and it appeared to be a infected wound with red veinlike like lines crawling up his shoulder.

Sepsis, shit.

I looked over some of his other tribes members and La hesitantly assisted me.

I pulled my blindfold down and I heard the little girl behind me gasp.

I didn't turn to her but it was clear she saw the obvious scar.

The skin on my face flaked and caught in the blindfold so I did the same thing I usually did when it got dry. I held the water to my face and forced it into the dry skin like a lotion. It was the same thing I'd done at the air temple.

I struggled to manipulate the water to heal like I'd heard from the scrolls I'd read when I was younger.

I hadn't even tried it yet.

The silence in the air was the only thing I heard beside the whistling winds.

My hands shook as I used my newly practiced muscle bending. I sent a wave of blood to the guys brain for a milisecond. Just to knock him out for a minute, that was all I needed. I pulled water from the fast moving air and heated it by making the molecules move faster. I held it in my hands like a scalpels and sliced off the disgusting bandage. I had to rip it off quick and I held pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding. I grabbed my medicine bag from Asura and grabbed the healing cream I made while doing my laundry at the river before Jet had paralyzed me temporarily.

Upon applying, the cream bubbled and dissolve away the infection. It took several minutes with some help, but I had mangaged to stop the sepsis, and neutralize the infection. I rewrapped the wound with a fresh bandage and placed a wet cloth on his forehead to lower his fever.

I continued around until nightfall, and I had ran out of the healing cream. Luckily I had managed to stop several progressing infections. I made sure the diabetics ate and the asthmatics could breathe safely. I wasn't too worried about the few with heart conditions as they seemed to be doing well.

The twins however were crying. It broke my heart but I learned that they were terrified of heights.

The diabetic boy had gotten lethargic, and I had to make sure he got more fruit to keep his blood sugars healthy.

His sister had begun to panic, and her asthma had begun to trigger. I helped her breathe with guiding breathes, and reassuring words.

Alex took the two under her wing, and I blushed as her hand brushed my own. But her touch wasn't the same. Her hands were rough and colder, rather than the smooth warm ones I desperately ached for. But the feeling of lust still begged the question,

Was I bisexual?

-------

Soooo there ya go my Bookworms! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Stay safe and healthy and have a great day! Until next time my Bookworms I'll see y'all in the next one!
-Rose