Two Tribes

Song is How to Be Me- Ren x Chinchilla. Just another song for some mental support, and one that helps me calm down during my panic attacks. Enjoy this chapter my Bookworms! You're all incredible wonderful, beautiful, handsome (whatever pronoun you prefer) and I love you all, with all my heart! Enjoy this chapter!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

"Calm down we know you're next" Sokka assured him.

"You wouldn't be calm if the fire nation destroyed your home, and forced you to flee. My whole tribe has to walk thousands of miles to the capital city of Ba Sing Se!' The man huffed with a pointed finger.

"You're a refugee!" Katara realized stubidly.

I nearly facepalmed.

Not your smartest moment, eh Katara?

"Huh, tell me something I don't know." The man snorted bitterly.

As if the pack, and worn walking shoes didn't say that loud enough.

Huh, I wonder maybe they're doing some sightseeing, or long term camping... No shit Sherlock, they're refugees, duh! I thought sarcastically. I was blind, yet even I could see that.

Wait, who's Sherlock? Where did that even come from? Eh, who knows. My brain's a bunch of shattered marbles anyway. No, doubt about that.

The sound of a big group came down the same path the man had come from.

"Is that your tribe?" Katara asked kindly.

Something was different about them though.

This guy stepped as if the ground was not worthy of his feet. He stepped lightly even when he'd ran towards us earlier. As if each step was carefully planned, and calculated each time. He did not waste his energy, and his fast movements reminded me of Aang's steps. Like how I imagined an airbender walked.

However this group walked at a steady pace in slower strides, as if coming from the earth. As if they were walking through a pool of mud. They seemed unplanned, and disorganized. Taking each step by year. So unlike the light moving man standing with a thin lipped scowl before us.

In stark contrast to the man's light pack, they carried bulky bags full of material belongings. If I didn't have my waterbending to sense their flow of chi I might think that they were earth benders through their constant exertion of stamina, and force.

It was clear as day they were polar opposites.

The man scoffed in disgust, he continued to wear the same scowl.

"It most certainly is not." He denied, "that's the Zhang tribe, a bunch of lowlife thieves. They've been the enemies of my tribe for a hundred years" He said spitefully, with so much bitterness in his voice it was almost palatable on the tongue.

It was clear that the Zhang's had spotted him, as an electrical tension went between the woman in front, and the man before us.

It made the hair on my body raise with goosebumps.

He whistled,

"Hey Zhang's, I'm saving a spot for my tribe. So don't even think of stealing it!' the man growled.

The woman at the front of the group stood over the man as he stepped back instantly.

"Where are the rest of the Gan Jin? Still tidying up their campsite?" The woman questioned him with a blunt smirk.

The rest of her tribe had stopped behind her out of respect for their barbaric leader.

"Yes!" The man deflated, "but they sent me ahead of them to hold up a spot!" He was quick to defend himself.

Oh man, this guy was going to have such a bad time outside of his sorority group.

"I didn't know the canyon guide took reservations" the woman's smirk loosened and she crossed her arms.

"Ha! Of course you didn't. That's the ignorance I'd expect from a messy Zhang, so unorganized and ill prepared for a journey."

Oh Spirits, this kid was so dead.

Or he would've been were it not for the sudden sound of to the mound of rocks behind us moving suddenly.

I yelped jumping forward from the pile I'd been leaning against for the remainder of the conversation between the two conflicting groups.

"Sorry about the wait, Youngster's. Who's ready to cross this canyon?" An old joyous voice apologized as a boulder barley missed me.

My group looked back at me in concern and surprise but I just smiled sheepishly.

"Uh, one of them. I think" Katara pointed to the two arguing.

"I was here first! My party's on their way!" The man said quickly.

"I can't guide people who aren't here" the man said in amusement.

The Zhang's began to walk past,

"Guess you guys will have to make the trip tomorrow." The woman tainted the man.

The mans eye twitched in irritation before he turned to look at a path behind him.

"Wait! Here they come!" The man stopped the canyon guide.

"You're not seriously gonna cave into these spoiled Gan Jins! I mean we're refugees too! and we've got sick people that need shelter" The woman scowled.

The Canyon Guide seemed taken aback,

"I- uh- well.." the canyon guide stammered.

"We've got old people that are weary of traveling!" The man protested.

"Sick people get priority over old people!" The woman scowled just the same.

"Maybe you Zhang's wouldn't have so much sick people if you weren't such slobs!" An older man shot back.

I wanted to protest at that,

People who bit their nail and lived somewhat dirty lives actually tended to have better immune systems than pristinely clean people. Just because their immune systems were used to germs and knew how to protect them better from sickness.

It was likely the rainstorm last night, and poor genetic disorders. Such as cancer, diabetes, obesity, and other stuff.

"If you Gan Jins weren't so clean, maybe you wouldn't live to be so old!"

"I could smell your stink a mile away!"

The comments kept ricocheting and I mounted Appa.

I wasn't in the mood for yelling, my migraine had began to spread like crawling vines across my brain.

"Everyone listen up!" Katara yelled taking charge. Unfortunately her yelling caused the vines to constrict my brain like a spiked pithon.

"This is the Avatar, and if you give him the chance, I'm sure he will come up with a compromise to make everyone happy!" Katara yelled through the funding words of the two leaders.

"Uh.. you could share the earth bender, and travel together?" Aang offered timidly.

Immediately, I braced myself for the shouts of protest.

Bad idea, Aang!

------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and have a great day! I'll see y'all in the next one! Until next time, love you guys!
-Rose