Stranger

Not my song or video as usual. "Girl in th Mirror Bebe Rexha" hope you guys enjoy it's just what I was listening to while writing. Enjoy!

------------------

Lyra's POV

My arms were unable to hold the statue together for a second longer as Asura and Momo bumped my arm which made the statue fall sounding like shattering glass.

I cringed as Momo screeched in suprise as Asura tackled him playfully from behind.

"Well it looks like trainings over." I sighed and brought my hand under Asura's jaw which temporarily paused her onslaught on Momo.

Asura purred and pushed her head deeper into my palm as her wings raised in approval and she flopped on the ground stretching on the earth beneath us.

She stood up moving onto my lap and curling up lazy within it.

At least until she spotted something.

That something would be a poor elephant- rat.

She narrowed her eyes as she commenced the butt wiggle..

And POUNCE!

She shot off my lap and caught the creature in her beak.

At first she ended its existence to then eat it but then froze and picked it up in her beak.

She dropped the dead rat on my lap as I froze.

Relization hit me and I grabbed the corpse of the animal by its tail trying not to vomit.

I put the creature in front of Asura, who stared up at me expectedly.

"Good girl, but uh- I think I'll stick with human food." I praised her and sat back as she quickly disposed of the animal.

Poor thing.

That's nature though...

I layed on my back crossing my arms behind my head for a head rest. Sleep offered itself before me but I firmly refused as I doubted even with the warm offer I couldn't sleep due to the lack of food.

The berries were poisonous, and I couldn't gather many fruits in the trees as I discovered were unripe and bitter, and left my mouth with a metallic taste. Though Momo had found some wild mint leafs which made for good tea.

Speaking of dinner,

"Hey, Katara, Aang where's Sokka?"

Katara shrugged,

"Don't kno-"

Sokka entered right as Katara answered.

"Great you're back! What's for dinner?" Aang questioned.

"We've got a few options. First, round nuts, and some kind of oval shaped nuts? And some rock shape nuts that may just be rocks. Dig in." Sokka ended as my face fell.

The nut in my hand was squishy and slimy in my palm.

"Are you sure these are edible? This one's a bit... questionable?" I said making a face. It felt more like some weird bug egg than a nut.

"Seriously, What else you got?" Katara blinked.

Aang nodded in agreement.

Momo grabbed a nut in his palms which may have been a rock and attempted to smash it open right as a loud boom rang through the area which greatly startled Asura who was try to open a nut with her beak after moving from my lap.

Asura stared in amazement at Momo who chattered in confusion.

"What was that?!" Sokka worried as I quickly shushed him.