Arrival in the North

Six Pills- By Rosendale. I love this song so much. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I think I'm going to make the second book soon, but for now we're beginning the finale of this book, but rest assured a new is on it's way .I hope you like it!

-Rose

Lyra's POV

"I'm not one to complain-" Sokka began in a bored tone

"You are" I mumbled and rolled next to Katara as I grabbed a blanket from my pack and covered myself in it, 

"Mmmmm, warmth" I groaned as I wormed deeper into the blanket.

"Shut up" Sokka sputtered at my interruption as I only grinned.

"-But can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka asked rhetorically, I only rolled my eyes and covered Katara with the blanket as well to which she smiled and pulled half around her, her shivering slowing.

"You know he can" I grumbled in irritation.

"Then why aren't we flying higher?" Sokka questioned in irritation.

"He's tired, we all are" I answered simply and suppressed a shudder as cold air invaded the blanket.

"But why so slow?" Sokka moaned to my irritation.

"I have an idea!" Aang yelled pointing at Sokka,

"Why don't we get on your back and fly us to the north pole?"  Aang yelled, sick of his complaints every ten minutes.

"I'd love to!" Sokka stated sarcastically,

"Climb on everyone! Sokka is ready for take off!" Sokka said with sarcasm coating his words, despite that Momo still jumped over him as he wiggled his rump.

"Momo, don't encourage him" I chided the lemur and kicked Sokka's leg before returning mine to the warm blanket.

"Hey!" he yelled in response to my kick, and kicked me in the side, causing me to hit Katara with my body who exited  the blanket in irritation and looked at Sokka with an unknown glare.

"Look, we're just a little tired and cranky, because we've been flying for two days straight" Katara breathed, trying desperately to keep the peace.

"And for what? We can't even find the northern water tribe, there's nothing up here!" Sokka yelled in exasperation. 

"Oh cool your casket, we have to be close..." I stated and gently grabbed the saddle, trying to readjust myself. 

Suddenly a huge piece of ice rose from the water in front of us as we screamed in response, and panic. Aang barely helped Appa maneuver around it  when one rose from our right suddenly Asura shot off Appa as she flew overhead. Aang in an attempt to dodge it turned Appa quickly to the left but the ice caught on one of his legs sending us spiraling onto the surface of water which froze in an instant.

Six boats came out of hiding as Katara smiled in relief,

"They're water benders! We found the northern water tribe!" Katara smiled as I remained stoic, did they seriously attack everything that moved in these waters?

"Who are you? State your business!" yelled a voice as Asura circled in the air.

"I'm the Avatar, and I'm here with my friends to train under a water bender" Aang answered. In  response someone approached us on the ice causing Asura to dive and gracefully land on the ice to stop him from moving any closer.

"I suggest you call this thing off, else I'll have it dead." The bender threatened after which I immediately called off the hissing Azura as the man nodded and continued talking, 

"On the chance that you are the avatar we'd like to welcome you, but we need proof of such things" the bender from earlier stated as Aang nodded and sent some wind at the man as well as bending the water from Katara's bag in front of the man who nodded,

"I see, in any case we will accompany you to the water tribe" the man stated and walked back to the boat as the water benders unfroze Appa.

"That was a bit dramatic" I muttered quietly as Katara and Sokka nodded in agreement.

Regardless we followed their guidance and arrived closer to a massive compact ice wall.

"There it is!" Aang pointed in excitement.

"The northern water tribe" Katara gasped in wonder.

"We're finally here" Sokka stated in disbelief.

I focused my water bending further out and gave a gasp of joy,

"It's all ice? It's incredible! Now I won't run into walls! And I won't need to be careful of accidents!" I cheered as the wall opened.

We moved through the massive opening without problem as the second line of walls dissolved into pieces of waterfalls.

"I can't believe how many water benders are here!" Katara gasped in wonder.

"We'll have no problem finding a master here!" Aang smiled eagerly.

"It's all water!" I grinned, 

I had an advantage here with my bending! I could see the things no one else saw, I could look beneath the hundreds of layers of ice. That wasn't even considering how strong I felt my water bending was, since the spirits were nearby. I had the advantage more than anyone else!

We moved further into the tribe walls, being guided by a few benders on a smaller interchangeable boat. Aang was waving at everyone, who waved to us and I felt an intense pull as a glowing figure on a boat passed beside us. 

"This place is beautiful" Katara remarked as Sokka's cheeks grew heated,

"Yeah, she is" he agreed with a dark blush.

I smiled, shaking my head as we continued forward. 

We were taken to a guest house, not far from the palace.

I couldn't help but admire every little intricate sculpture, usually I couldn't see much art even when it was doused in water.

It was like looking at a footprint in the snow and trying to see the exact shoe that made it.

You saw the mold it left but you couldn't fill it in your mind.

But this time I could see the shoe!

The guest house wasn't massive, but it wasn't nearly as small as the igloo homes we had as the city center in the south pole.

Despite being exhausted we cleaned up in a warm bath, and changed into clean clothes. Even Asura, and Appa got a bath. We were sent a few servants to help us with preparations on our appearance and mine was particularly odd.

"So, why did you guys come to the north pole, just to learn water bending for the avatar?" I shook my head as she scrubbed the shampoo into my hair.

"No, I'm here to learn as well, I also want to talk to the ocean spirit directly" I stated.

The servant girl shook her head and laughed,

"The spirits in the oasis don't speak to anyone, only the chief's daughter" she laughed and rinsed the shampoo away.

"I was given life by the ocean spirit, the same as the princess only with La rather than Tui" I explained as the girl scoffed,

"I really doubt that, but I will let the chief know of this" she stated.

I didn't protest and only nodded, I had to tell him somehow, why not be direct?

--------------------------------------------

Sooooo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I'm publishing this on the way to work so I gotta be fast. But have a good day/night my Bookworms, and stay safe and healthy! See y'all in the next one. Bye!

-Rose