Instincts

The song is "Not Alone - By Abstract (feat Roze)" to all of my fellow lonely Bookworm's. Love you guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

"I knew a bison whistle would come in handy. Thanks, Appa." Aang said with clear joy that the whistle did in fact work.

Asura brought attention to herself with a little jealousy.

Momo had seen this and jumped onto her head and licked the feathers above her eyes.

"You too, Asura." I praised her and rubbed her back.

She preened under the praise and laid down after curling her fluffy tail around my waist.

Momo did the same and slept between her front paws.

It wasn't until several long hours later did we actually land.

It wasn't even noon yet.

I had found some fruits in the forest which funnily enough were the scorpion berries we had in the south. They were nestled beneath the dead trees which supplied them with nutrients. Exactly like the ones by that creepy forest down south. I found this out after biting into one of them and found the poisonous needle-like seeds stuck to my tongue and the berry itself leaking acidic fluid into the puncture wounds.

I removed the seeds from my tongue and was careful not to squeeze the seed so not to burst the poison sack that acted as the nutrients for the main seed in the middle of the pod.

"Lofly just lofvly." I groaned sarcastically as my tongue swelled.

"Katara! Don eat the berriths!" I warned her.

"Why?" She asked "she was holding the same berries in her hand.

"Dhey're scorfion berriths" I answered sourly.

"Oh. You ate one didn't you?" It was more of a statement then a question as I nodded.

I stuck out my swelling tongue and pulled the seeds out.

"Thaths better." I sighed in relief as the swelling immediately came down.

"Ouch. Hey where's Momo?" I asked the group.

Katara shrugged in response but all our heads turned as we heard Momo scream. Asura was on immediate alert.

"Maybe he's playing." I shrugged but heard a second scream. This one was scared.

"Okay, not playing!" I alerted the group and we ran in the direction of his scream.

Asura was faster then any of use and sprinted towards his screams. She caught sight of him and launched herself at the cage around Momo. She landed gently on the ground with Momo held protectively in her arms.

"I think someone has a crush" I laughed.

"Yeah, Momo definitely likes Asura." Aang stated.

"Oh, I was gonna say it the other way around but sure." I agreed.

"We should probably help the other animals in the cages." I frowned at their accelerated heart rate. If it got any faster I worried they might die from a heart attack.

"Okay!" Aang nodded and went to lower the two animals down.

"This is gonna take forever.." Sokka stated and threw the boomerang breaking the ropes.

"That works." Aang responded.

I walked towards the traps and found them to be metal.

"I can't tell what the traps are." I said as I touched the metal. Either earth kingdom or fire nation.