The Reading

Declan J Donovan- Perfectly Imperfect, as usual not my song or video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

Sokka had no issues ignoring the growing nervous atmosphere, that or he was oblivious to it all (I wouldn't put both options past him).

He grabbed a bean puff and I snatched a handful myself. I was much more well mannered though. He popped one in his mouth and I watched with deep curiosity if it was any good. His eyes widened in an impressed, pleased expression.

"Mhmm! Not bad, not bad!" He praised noisily.

I grimaced at his terrible manners, Aang had as well. We might not have been the most pristine travelers but we had manners, I assure you that.

"What some?" He offered and I noticed the little bits of chewed puffs he had failed to stop with his words.

"No thanks, I'm good" Aang refused with a gross look.

Sokka shrugged and took what remained without a second thought.

I popped a puff in my mouth, and found myself genuinely surprised. My expectations were low but I was happily surprised to find it tasted like rosemary.

My stomach growled for more and I caved, finally allowing it to gorge on something much more flavorful than boiled fish. I wondered if they picked these fresh. If that was the case I'd probably pick some myself and dry it so we could add some seasoning to our meals.

"Soooo" Aang trailed, "what do you think they're talking about?" Aang started.

My eyebrows raised as I caught some understanding of what he was actually wondering.

"Boring stuff, I'm sure. Love- who she's gonna marry, how many babies she's gonna have" Sokka shrugged indifferently.

I laughed internally,

So boring, I'm sure. Especially to Aang.. I thought sarcastically.

"Love isn't boring, you're just saying that cause you've never had a girlfriend" I laughed.

"Says you!" Sokka shot back, "you've never had a boyfriend before!" He stated proudly.

"Totally. It's not like I don't have one now.." I stated.

He snorted,

"It doesn't count unless he asks you, and I doubt he has.." Sokka said as if it was obvious.

"He! He- he hasn't..." I realized.

"An- Anyway! That's besides the point!" I tried to dodge the words but failed.

"Love... Boring stuff like that! Pfftt, dumb stuff like that.. Uh- Anyways- I need to find the bathroom!" He announced.

I sent him a knowing look and he blushed seeing I'd found him out and retreated into the hallway with a crazed blush.

I smirked but sighed in annoyance as Sokka stretched out across the cushions. But it was back instantly when Momo snatched the remaining bean puffs away, and I hummed innocently.

It wasn't long when Aang returned looking over the moon. My bored expression blossomed into a mischievous smirk.

His blush reappeared as red hot as a dragon chili.

"Looks like someone had a pretty good bathroom break" Sokka smiled.

"Yeah, when I was in there-" Aang stumbled but Sokka instantly stopped him in disgust,