Naptime!

Song is Chalk Outlines By Ren X Chinchilla. It's one of my comfort songs when im struggling with anything. For this chapter it might be different as I took some advice from a wonderful author named @anchorahoy.She writes a wonderful book called the Guider Effect so please check her out and give her some love! Anyways enjoy!

-Rose

Lyra's POV

"We're leaving already?!" I groaned as I clung to the bed, in an attempt to preserve my warmth. I hadn't even changed from my clothes the day before it was that cold.

"But I fell asleep finally!" I moaned as Sokka dragged me out of the warm bed we'd been provided, for the last two nights.

"I hate it too" Sokka mumbled in tired agreement as he dragged me out of the door.

Since the successful defense of the air temple, we'd been packing for our long journey however we could. The day after had been a day to rest, repair, and retrieve anything we needed. The inventor provided me with a small letter written in old air bender brail. It was a little hard to understand but I it was extremely similar to the brail I had been taught. I figured the journey would be boring regardless, so I needed some entertainment in some way. 

Yesterday I dried fruits, vegetables, and all the meat Asura and I could find. We had everything we needed, but despite that I just fell asleep. I slept the night after the attack just fine, but last night I think I only got two hours. Fine. I'll bite, if we're gonna play games with Lyra then she's gonna be the one to strike the first blow. I grinned but shrieked as cold stone touched my back causing me to shoot up on my feet.

I had all my clothes on, last night I decided that I was gonna just sit down for a bit and prepare myself for the long flight, but then I fell asleep.

"That was mean!" I grumbled as Asura greeted me with a hoot.

"Morning Baby" I grumbled grumpily and patted her head softly.

We said our goodbyes to the group who had housed us since we arrived with sincere thanks and we all stepped onto Appa's back.

We took off without a hitch. I wasn't even tired anymore, dang it!

"Hey Sokka, can you hand me the letter the inventor gave me?" I asked Sokka as he handed it from his pack.

"What is it about?" Sokka asked me curiously as I leaned against the saddle and began to explain,

I opened the letter and ran my fingers over it until I found the raised dots,

"'The Revenge of The Tides'" I read out in confusion.

Aang turned to me in equal confusion until realization dawned on his face.

"What?" I asked him of his realization.

"Air temples are places of intense spiritual energy. The monks used to tell me of a spiritual librarian who would send a small shelf of his personal notes if he deemed a person within intense spirit zones worthy of bearing such rare gifts, or warnings. It always appeared as an exact replica of the shelf closest to it" Aang explained.

I was shocked as my fingers moved over the words, it did make sense why it didn't appear damaged like the inventors other notes.

"So this is a fancy spirit book page?" Sokka asked eagerly to Aang who nodded in response,

"Pretty much" Aang agreed.

I just glared at Sokka, daring him to lay a finger on the beautiful braille writing.

Sokka pulled his arm back and mumbled to himself.

"Stupid girls, and being overprotective of their stuff

"I heard that!" I laughed,

"No, you didn't!" Sokka denied quickly as he jumped up front by Aang. 

I chuckled, opening the page, my fingers moved over the paper carefully, trying hard to understand what it said.

Confusion crossed my features as I read the letter again. I paused angling my head into the wind

Is this what La meant?

Timeskip

It had been three days of stopping for breaks on icebergs for meals, and sleeping, and I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned as the water moved around us. It was nice in a way. There was the smell of saltwater, and burned wood from previous fires. Not to mention the smell of fruit after I spilled my rehydrated berries. But even with the smells, and the familiar sounds, I couldn't sleep.

As morning came we all boarded Appa after eating breakfast and changing our clothes. Asura followed me onto Appa as usual and immediately went back to sleep.

We fed Appa lunch as well when I felt a strong wave of exhaustion.

I was leaned against Sokka who was sharpening his boomerang. It might've been the tiredness, the exhaustion, the messages from the familiar sensory of the south pole, or anything, but I fell asleep.

I felt Sokka pause before he shifted me, so my head was on his lap. He'd done it last time and it stopped me from being bumped around. He removed his overcoat and covered me as much as possible

"Thank you" I murmured to him as my brain fogged over.

When I opened my eyes, I saw everything different.

I stood over an icy cliff as a blizzard roared behind me.

I was peaceful in this storm, the blizzard was a roaring beast who bowed only to me. It may have moved as speeding bullets but it moved around me as its epicenter where I remained untouched by the painful bullets of snow. I stepped forward into a ocean of ice with gentle waves cracking the snow covered ice. The waves stilled as I walked aimlessly forward, but the blizzard remained.

I walked forward, a massive block of ice appeared on top of the water, with a angry red figure.

I looked in on the glassy ice to a familiar man with the blocky face of a badly carven log, and messy sideburns.

He was glaring at me and pounded his fiery fist to the ice, but nothing happened. The ice didn't melt or anything. He yelled suddenly in rage, but I heard nothing through the ice.

"I warned you" I stated calmly, "I told you not to do it, you have betrayed all of us, the four nations, the spirits, the animals, the elements, your comrades, and your own soul. For that, youu will suffer a fate far worse than death. I sentence you too-" 

I blinked, half expecting to meet the eyes of the devil but my eyes met only the familiar blackness. 

"That was a good nap" I yawned and stretched.

Katara snapped her head to me,

"I wouldn't call that a nap" Katara trailed as I turned to her in confusion.

"Whadd'ya mean "you wouldn't call that a nap"?" 

"You fell asleep at noon yesterday, and now it's early dawn" Katara explained as she stretched.

My eye widened a fraction, 

"No shit?" I asked in surprise as she shook her head

"No shit" she answered.

-----------------------------------

Soooooo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! The process felt like a nice different. But anyways, I hope you guys are all safe and healthy, and I hope you have a wonderful night/day! Until next time my Bookworm. I'll see y'all in the next one! Byeee!

-Rose