Sages

Alec Benjamin- Mind is A Prison- Lyric Video- Not my music or Video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter, I hope you guys enjoy!

-----------------

Lyra's POV

Sokka dismounted from Appa along with Katara as I treated Asura's burn. She had caught the same bit of flame as I had but it had instead blackened some feathers. My poor darling.

She had at first been treated by Sokka who claimed to have some bright idea (it was a terrible idea). Which had left him with a hard kick in the stomach leaving him breathless and knocking down a poor rock. He thought that if he just wiped away the blackened part she'd be fine, buuutttt he accidentally bumped the wound itself. Such genius I'd never understand (note the sarcasm). Fair to say he's leaving me to her from now on, and I'm pretty sure Asura kinda hates him now, at least has a minor disliking.

I had Katara keep her distracted by bending water in front of her as Asura stared mystified. It was a huge issue to keep her distracted when she kept whimpering in pain and my heart clenched each time she whimpered. When I had finished I told her to stay with Appa and rest. Luckily she had little issue with sleep as she just about died. Her little nasal snoring made it very difficult to stay serious.

Luckily we left before my serious mask cracked.

As we approached the volcano my sight began to fail me even as I pulled the water from my bag to use, it just desintegrated into the dry air.

"Guys be cautious, I can't see- ow!  Why'd you stop all of a sudden, Katara?" I groaned in agitation. The lack of water was unnerving to me, and it didn't help that I already had some major paranoia right now. (They're probably right on our tail as we stand here!) Anyway, when I get paranoid I get cranky, and (excuse my language) bitchy.

"There's no guards?" Sokka questioned.

"Wait what? Why would there be no guards? The temple is sacred, they wouldn't just leave it open for any person to just walk in..." I hummed "unless.." I trailed further.

"Come on you guys let's go, the fire nation probably abandoned it when the Avatar Roku died." Katara theorized.

"It's almost sundown, we'd better hurry!" Aang urged as we leapt over a small hip height wall.

"Guys be careful there could be traps, and also we're not alone I can hear people" I warned.

Katara rolled her eyes,

"Stop being so dramatic, they guard the Avatar temple if any fire bender was on our side it's be them."

"Katara" I tried.

"No, Lyra."

I huffed but ran behind them wincing at each step sounded. We made it to the center of the temple when I detected several guards.

"Sokka!" I whisper yelled,

"Lyra, be quiet! I think I heard something!" He warned.

"We are the Fire Sages, Guardians of the temple of the Avatar."

"Oh Shit." I mumbled under my breath.

"Great! I am the Avatar!" Aang stated brightly.

"Aang! Run!" I yelled and pushed everyone behind me.

"Wait wh-" Aang questioned before I felt a fiery heat fast approaching that I barely dodged.

"We know" the Sage answered, as they sent many more fireballs which Aang managed to blow awaym

We ran in a random direction but a thought struck me, where there's water, there's life. They had go drink water to survive so there had to be some type of water nearby besides people. I'd never bend a person's blood, I didn't even know if it was possible, but it definitely seemed possible with that being how I saw people. The thought of bending another's blood revolted me. So we'd stick with the water. After all they could never survive on saltwater around the island.

I stopped Sokka for a short second while we were ahead and leapt on his back as I focused on finding bendables. With my added focus I was able to see the steamy pipes. I pulled it to my chest as I closed my palm in a tight fist and pulled it to my chest like strings on a puppet but it didn't answer my call. I had Sokka put me down when we hit a dead end.

"Follow me!" Aang shouted to us and went around another left turn

"Do you even know where you're going?" Sokka questioned him as Aang answered with a "Nope."

"Wrong way!" Aang cried as he ran past us.

"Come back!" One Sage cried after us

The same Sage had cornered us in a windowed corner as I entered a fighting stance and snatched Sokka's pristinely  sharp club-like sword much to his displeasure.

"I don't want to fight you. I am a friend." The Sage stated.

He wasn't lying his heartbeat hadn't changed.

"Firebenders aren't our friends." Sokka stated.

"He's telling the truth!" I defended the man.

"I know why you're here Avatar, and I know why you're here Miss Ocean Spirit." The Sage bowed.

"Just-uh- call me-um- Lyra." I stuttered.

"You do?" Aang asked in confusion

"Yes. You wish to speak to Avatar Roku, the both of you. I can take you to him."

"How?" Aang questioned.

The Sage didn't respond instead I heard the sound of something open and a rush of hotter air which I didn't think was possible because as is the heat was pretty overbearing.

"Secret passageway here we come." I chimed

-----------------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed. This chapter was really fun to do. I felt like she needed some sass. Anyway, I hope you guys have a lovely day! Stay safe and healthy! And until next time my Bookworm's. See y'all in the next one!
-Rose