What's To Come

The Score- Enemies- As usual not my song or video,  just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. But I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose
____________

Lyra's POV

After our narrow escape and several bathroom breaks, we finally landed on an island.

I peeled myself off of Appa. I hadn't slept since Jeong Jeong's.

We had been flying back and fourth for two days straight, to shake the fire nation off our tail.

Ever heard of air sickness? I hadn't before this, but I now know what it is first hand.

Aang was the only one unaffected,

"I don't think those flips we did did any good" Sokka commented sickly.

"Bleh" I agreed.

"For once I think you're right, Sokka" Katara agreed and stumbled off Appa.

The three of us laid on the sun bathed stones on our bellies, trying our hardest to cure our nausea.

"It wasn't that bad" Aang commented.

"Easy for you to say, Airboy" I remarked.

"You should see what it's like" I laughed,

"Get it?"

Sokka groaned, and Katara dropped her head in a sort of face palm,

"That has to be one of the worst yet" Sokka groaned, unamused.

"I'm happy to let you see my perspective on blind jokes, unless they slip past your blind side" I laughed.

"How long has it been since you slept?" Katara groaned.

"Sleep? I haven't slept since we left Jeong Jeong's place, I don't see what you mean" I laughed.

"That explains it" Aang nodded.

"Oh yeah? Just look at it my way, sleep equals valuable time that could be used elsewhere" I explained casually as I yawned.

"Valuable time doing what? It's not like we have much entertainment on Appa? And not to offend you or anything but you can't exactly do much sightseeing" Katara commented.

"Well- I mean- I do have my-"

Sokka interrupted me,

"Don't say waterbending" he began, "You can only waterbend so much" Sokka stated.

I crossed my arms,

"Well yeah- but-" I protested

"Just admit it, you're an insomniac" Katara teased playfully.

I smirked,

"You really should take my side, or do you want me to tell Sokka what happened to the jerky I made?"

Sokka straightened a bit,

"What about my jerky?" He glared.

"Nothing!" Katara squeaked.

"Oh, I think it's definitely something.." I teased.

"You wouldn't dare" Katara challenged.

"Oh, but I would" I smirked mischievously and rested my chin on my folded hands.

"Lyra, Katara" Sokka scolded,

"She did it!" We both said at the same time.

"My jerky" Sokka pouted as he examined his jerky pouch, only finding crumbs.

"We may have left your jerky at Jeong Jeong's camp" I smiled sheepishly.

"My jerky!" Sokka mourned.

While this happened I turned to Aang to get his opinion. Despite the fact that it was midday he had passed out on Appa's tail. Not his worst idea.

I yawned,

"Don't do tha-" Sokka protested and yawned loudly.

"Imma make a deal, im ma very tired, we talk later- sleep now" I yawned again.

"I can work with that" Sokka agreed and pulled down his sleeping bag.

"Okay" Katara agreed and yawned.

I crawled under Asura's wing and cuddled against her.

She pressed her beak to my head as she hooted softly.

"Me too, Baby, me too.." I sighed.

______________

My head was clear as the dream began,

"I am Zhao the moon slayer!" The monster cried holding up a blood stained bag.

The scene seemed to be so chaotic but yet it moved so slowly.

Before I knew it my hands were in front of me,

I watched in awe and horror as Zhao twitched at the movement of my fingers. The monster simply coughed blood which floated like a single maroon pearl in the air.

It drifted towards me as Zhao and the scene disappeared, leaving me to the sight of the maroon pearl in the black void around me.

The maroon pearl shifted as stars dotted the blackness and the maroon pearl turned into a sinister ruby colored moon.

I felt sick, and I coughed and coughed and coughed. My fingers were stained with blood that flowed from my nose and from my lungs.

I fell back on a sea of salt water which held me above its waves.

The small waves turned slowly, in both pace and strength. The first few pulled the white hair into my face and mixed with the blood in my mouth.

Each wave was stronger than the last, and before I knew it the water turned into huge typhoons, cyclones, and hurricanes.

I could feel the intense pain that La was experiencing as the ocean searched for Tui's killer.

I felt like I was dying, the power of the ocean was being amplified by my blood. The raw power was ripping me apart from the inside. It hurt, but I couldn't move.

More white hair had taken place of my normal black strands as my body attempted to contain the power of the moon and the ocean, like a scale holding more weight than it should.

I didn't want to die like this,

"Help" I begged

"Please, help me"

"Help me"

"Help me.."

"Help.. me..." I wheezed.

It was as if someone had heard me, I saw my sister, her normal white hair was black. Her blue eyes were tired, she looked sick, concerned, scared, but most of all, she looked like she was dying.

I wasn't sure if I looked much better, I was sure I probably looked the same as her, minus the lack of blood.

"Help" we uttered in agony.

The red moon flashed red then white, red then white, red then white, then she was gone like whisp of smoke.

I knew she had to do with the return of the moon.

The ocean was calm again, and the white strands of hair went back into the singular white strand.

I blinked away the tears,

Then I woke up again..

---------------------------------

Sooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! It was super fun to write! Stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and I will see y'all in the next one! See ya!
-Rose