Jet

Song I was listening to while writing this chapter. Outlaw- NEONI- Nightcore- NightcoreReality on YouTube (lyrics).
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

-----------------

Lyra's POV

"Walking stinks! How do people get anywhere without a flying bison?" Aang complained after we reached the two mile mark.

Asura who was still just barely past a quarter of Appa's size had refused to let me dismount from her saddle and I groaned,

"I don't know, Aang-"

"Oh-no" I quickly quieted her.

"Lyra, shush- as I was saying." She cleared her throat and I raised my eyebrows, unimpressed.

It seemed Asura had begun to share in my annoyance and her fur bristled as Katara reached to quiet me.

"Why don't you ask Sokka's  instincts. They seem to know everything!" Katara said sarcastically.

"Katara-"

"Quiet, Lyra. I'm not done talking." She said and bumped my leg.

First, rude.

Second, I was gonna warn her that Asura was getting in a bad mood, and so was Appa. They were built for flying not long distance walking.

What commenced was a sequence  of events I'm name 'Disaster'.

Asura had, had enough. She hissed lowly at Katara suprising me and making Katara squeak.

"Asura! Stop, Darling! I'm fine! I'm fine, Baby." I sheilded Katara after leaping from the saddle.

I stepped in front of Asura as she mewed down at me.

"Please, Baby. It's me, it's momma." I soothed her.

She had calmed rather quickly to my touch, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I turned to Katara whom hid behind Sokka.

"I was going to warn you, Asura, and Appa are beginning to go into a foul mood" I stated in my defense.

"Instinct." Was Sokka's response and I went back on Asura.

Katara rolled her eyes. Clearly she wanted some attention, and the first person to show her some would likely end in trouble.

I droned out the conversation from sheer annoyance and slumped dow against Asura's neck. I rubbed the sweet spot as she purred in delight.

I held back my laughter to avoid catching the attention of the GAang, in the fear that I might get pulled into the argument Sokka and Katara grumbled about, leaving Aang in confusion as to why we were arguing.

"Ok, okay! I get it. Look guys, I'm tired too. But the important thing is we're safe from- the firenation...." he said in shock.

"You just had to jinx it, didn't you?" I grumbled as he elbowed me.

"Ow, alright!" I said and faced Asura as everyone kinda froze.

"So this is why you were agitated, Love?" I stroked Asura's chin.

"Run!" Sokka yelled and I ran around the soldiers leaving the three.

Wait, why aren't they running?

"Oh shit the bushes behind them are on fire.

"Ba-dump, ba-dump.."

"That noise..." I muttered to myself.

Despite being surrounded four on one, one soldier remained.

Asura had begun to toss the soldiers in the river. Of course they survived she wouldn't hurt a fly- actually, she probably would... uhhh... she wouldn't  kill a human being. Yeah, we'll phrase it like that.