The Great Divide

To Be Human- Marina. As usual not my song or video. Just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter, I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

I blinked,

Once,

Twice.

The air was dry in my throat and I coughed.

I was met with the smell of sweat, leather, and old cloth.

My head pounded as if an axe had blown through it. I pushed myself up with shakey arms.

I heard a familiar hoot,

"Damn, I feel like shit." I winced, clutching my head.

Asura hooted louder causing my skin to prickle from the sound.

Ah, migraine, lovely.

"Lyra, you're awake!" Aang yelled.

I was tackled back as I got squeezed at the waist.

I laughed shakily, my voice dry,

"Yes, I'm awake, Buddy. How long was I out?" I asked and nuggied him.

He laughed and didn't fight it,

"Three days. We stopped a few times, Jet got what he deserved and the village is safe." Aang explained.

I sat myself against the saddle and then I heard Katara and Sokka in the distance,

"So how long until you can use your waterbending?" Aang asked.

I shrugged,

"I think I might be able to use my waterbending vision in a few hours, but full form waterbending?" I paused to think, "maybe two days at most." I said my thoughts aloud.

"-Aren't you forgetting the tarp?" Katara's voice questioned (who I assumed was Sokka).

"Right, got it" Sokka stated, throwing the tarp into the tent.

"Sokka, you're supposed to put the tarp on top of the tent. You know, so we don't get rained on?" Katara asked rhetorically.

"Have they been like this, all the while I was out?" I asked Aang who'd slumped over.

"Yeah" he nodded, "Katara was really mad at herself for awhile and she's been taking it off on Sokka. Who's been lashing back." Aang stated, sounding glum.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, if Katara was gonna keep this up I was gonna kick some major butt.

"I'm sure it'll be fine, things will work themselves out. Although I may have to bash some heads along the way" I said while flipping my wrist in a smaking motion making Aang laugh.

My expression turned sour in an instant, when yelling rang from where Katara, and Sokka argued.

I patted Aang reassuringly,

"It's okay, Bud. I'll get them to calm down. Watch Asura while I'm gone she's supposed to stay off that leg for a bit." I said, and motioned to the cat-owl looking far too innocent.

"Ordinarily, you'd be right. But seeing as it's the dry season, you're not. Besides that tarp makes a good blanket." Sokka said uncaring.

Katara fumed,

"But what if it does rain?" Katara repeated.

"And what if it doesn't? Then I would've put the tarp up for nothing." Sokka jumped to defend his reasoning.

I sighed nearly halfway through the trees or I hoped I was. Their voices were getting closer.

"Uh! You're infuriating!" She stomped.

Oh boy, here we go.

Don't react, Sokka! Don't react!

"Katara why don't you worry about gathering firewood? Because that kindling is looking pretty sorry" Sokka stated with a small smirk.

"And she says I can't collect good stuff. I was the one actually splitting logs, and making fires, while she played in the snow." I muttered half bitter half humourusly to myself.

"WELL IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY FIREWOOD- UH!" She yelled sending the sparse amount of wood at Sokka.

"FINE BY ME! IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA DO YOUR JOB--" Sokka yelled back yanking the tent down.

Great. Just great.

I took a breath, clearing my throat.

"ALRIGHTY YOU TWO- I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOUR YELLING! NOW AANG HAS BEEN WORKING HARD- HE FOUND A FRUIT TREE! AND WHAT HAVE YOU TWO BEEN DOING?! YELLING, ARGUING! NOW YOU TWO ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE! AANG GETS THE REST OF TONIGHT'S CHORES OFF! KATARA SINCE YOU STARTED THE ARGUEMENT-" She went to speak but I silenced her, "Let me finish." I growled.

"SINCE YOU STARTED IT YOU GET TO CLEAN UP DINNER!" Katara huffed angrily, as Sokka laughed teasingly.

"But why doesn't he get any punishment?!" She whined childishly.

I raised my eyebrows at both,

"FIRST OF ALL, SOKKA FOR THAT YOU HAVE BATHROOM MAKING TONIGHT, SECOND HE'S GOING TO STAND GUARD FOR THREE HOURS AFTER DINNER."

"What! But-"

"But-"

They both said together, and I shushed them,

"Do I make myself clear? No more, but, whats, whys, or anything. Or else I give you more, there's plenty to be done." I said firmly when both bowed their heads,

"Yes, Lyra"

"Yes, Lyra"

They droned.

I nodded satisfied.

"Good, now. I'll chop some fire wood, and Aang will restructure the tent with me where we will not use the tarp as it is ripped beyond repair, and is being used for cloth patches." I nodded, both of them got their way.

"Both of you will learn to do both. No, bending to make it fair." I said narrowly.

Neither spoke but instead nodded,

"Good, now we'll begin with the tent.."

----

Two hours! That's how long it took for Sokka to even consider imagining Katara's logic and the other way around for Sokka.

We soon finished the tent and moved onto firewood.

Katara was stubborn to accept the idea of chopping wood, and not measly, soggy, sticks.

The two still remained valiant in their initial ideas, and I had feeling they only cooperated to get me to stop scolding them.

It was almost as if the two had formed a pact to disagree on everything since Jet.

It was only until dinner did anyone seem in any way guilty. The only one who didn't was Innocent, Aang.

Sokka avoided my vision which had returned not long after putting the tent together.

Dinner was silent and I cooked a vegetable, bean stew.

Asura caught her own which was a squirrel-rat.

She had originally gone down to fly around the canyon, but flew around upon spotting something she clearly disliked.

Appa and Momo ate some fruit and Appa had some wild vegetation Aang had cleared upon recognizing heart shaped leaves.

-------

I ate quickly and made certain to store the remaining in a pouch for liquid food. We left the chores to Katara and I headed to bed with Asura. Much preferring her over the tent that lacked privacy.

-----------------------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and have a great day, I'll see y'all in the next one!
Until next time my Bookworms!
-Rose