Tricks and Traps

Lyra's POV

"I'll tell you how, we have something that they don't; air power" Aang stated as he pointed to the clouds.

"We control the sky, that's something the fire nation can't do" Aang continued

"We can win" Aang finally stated with a hopeful expression.

I nodded, good idea, but how long until this army comes? And how big?

"I want to help" the inventor stated as he looked to his son in hope. His son beamed at him with a free smile,

"Good, we'll need it" Aang said smiling kindly.

------

Two hours had passed since the threat had been made. The inventor warned us that we had one day until the attack would begin if the weapons weren't handed over.

Sokka began drawing out plans on what we'd need, he used any and everything he could get his hands on.

It took time laying out the base of our attack, Aang was forming a group of highly skilled gliders for the attack.

Katara was on Appa resupplying the gliders with the bombs.

Asura and I were in charge of cloud cover and tactical traps. I had three bases of attack from the sewage system, I had to be careful and I couldn't stay in the tunnels too long since they were filled with a dangerous natural gas but with some holes in the sides and top I could get safe, breathable air. But the system was fast and it led down to the hidden path on the side of the mountain with a carved path.

This was where the soldiers came from, and it was where they'd likely start their attack. I had snow traps with thin ice which led to trenches. I covered the path with clear slick ice, which would make it difficult to walk up and had ice buckets at the top where the young of the group would dump the freezing water on the soldiers. We even used rotting food, and fertilizer for the buckets, even mud, slime, and my personal favorite, stink.

"The ice is really slippery so make sure that you step where I step" I instructed Katara.

She nodded and followed my steps. I paused forgetting where I put the next step. Katara noticed this and motioned to the patch of uncovered stone.

I nodded stepping forward only to fall back on Katara causing us to both slide down.

I shrieked in fear as we slid close to the edge but Katara managed to catch us on a rock.

"Are you okay?" She asked me as I nodded. I hung off the edge of a fifteen foot drop.

I bended the ice on the slope to hold onto my feet as I climbed up.

"Holy shit, that was too close" I breathed as I grabbed the hand Katara offered.

"Yeah" Katara agreed and laughed. I turned to her as I sat on the ledge, I turned to her in confusion,

"What?" I questioned in confusion at her laughter,

"The trap works, a little too well for even us" Katara smiled.

I laughed a bit,

"I guess so" I agreed, "I can't see why" I snickered.

Katara sighed,

"Don't say that joke ever again" she groaned.

I smirked,

"So you don't like my jokes, I can tell Sokka you would rather hear his terrible jokes" I grinned knowing I've won. Katara reacted fast,

"Please, Spirits no, Lyra" she begged.

I laughed as I wiped my eyes.

"Fine, but just this once" I joked.