Scarred Valley

Lyra's POV

With our near departure of the brig, and the loss of Katara's necklace everyone had banded together to find the necklace with no luck.

Katara broke down temporarily but we all realized that it was useless. It probably dropped in the ocean..

Aang and Sokka grilled me on my temporary sight when I explained the mark and the memories I was given.

I was just as confused even now as the warm light turned dark with my eyes no longer glowing. Like shutting a blackout curtain.

I tried to hold every single detail, and vivid color in my head from the dead dull colors of the brig to Aang's grey eyes, and Sokka's sky blue.

I didn't want to forget.

While lost in thought I was tackled by Asura who proceeded to plop down on my stomach. I tell you what, she is definitely not a lap cat.

Asura was still about half grown and had begun to practice flying with her adult feathers almost in completely. She'd sprout really fast over the next month especially with her meat rich diet.

Aang played with Momo as I made a ball of ice for Asura to roll around.

Katara pulled off the sack prison uniform from her head as I followed.

We took off waving until they were out of range when we relaxed.

I found myself exhausted realizing quickly that the fight had probably reopened my wounds.

Oddly enough it didn't hurt to remove the bandage when night came. We stopped for camp as I fed Appa, and Momo on the soft grassy fields.

When I did remove the bandages I found the wounds on my back healed into bumpy scars which slowly became smooth. I'm sure it was fine, I shrugged.

Asura had long returned from her hunt and carried two wild rabbit-ferrets in her mouth.

She was clearly proud of herself as she hung her neck high pridefully.

She dropped the biggest one at my feet as I patted her head and praised her.

She purred happily and dug into her rabbit-ferret eating the whole thing bones and all.

I chose to roast the meat with some sea salt and some wild basil.

It was tender after I took it off but I let it sit so it could reabsorb its juices.

The smell of food awoke everyone as Momo returned with a medium pouch of wild raspberries and some juice dripping down his cheek for Aang.

Huh, I didn't see him leave.

I gave Katara and Sokka their requested parts and I gave them their pieces and I dug into the breast meat and whatever remained of the rabbit.

I was happily full as we all crawled back into our sleeping bags.

I fell asleep underneath Asura's wing kinda like a blanket.

-------

Sokka was kind enough to let us sleep in a little bit as I held a large icy bubble above him in a hostage.

That was a really bad idea.

After a short while Sokka's whining had woken up Asura who immediately spotted Sokka's predicament.

She stood up recognizing the watery sphere to the ice ball I gave her yesterday, she wiggled her butt and leapt at the icy bubble as Sokka yelled,

"No, no, no, no, no! Cold!" He screamed as Asura broke the bubble above him with the water soaking his face, and undershirt.