Meng's Crush

Gonna Be Okay- By Brent Morgan to let you guys know that maybe if it's not okay now it'll be okay soon. Just don't give up on yourselves. As usual not my song or video. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

The walk wasn't long but it was peaceful.

Not completely though. Mainly because Sokka couldn't get dry. We were about ten steps from the gate entrance (we let Appa and Asura stay behind), when I got squabbled at by a duck.

"Aw, hello there" I cooed but took it back when it pecked at my bag. Then at my ankles.

I waved it off and walked through the gate and up the stomped path with Katara and Aang in front.

As we peaked over the hill a man bowed customarily to us, he stood in a fancy robe and motioned to a intriquit jade colored door.

"Aunt Wu's expecting you.." he smiled and pulled the door open in a polite motion.

We entered and I immediately took off my boots when I realized we stood on a bamboo floor.

I put them on the shoe mat beside the door and slipped on the indoor slippers.

The rest of my group followed suit when a girl with gravity defying hair offered a polite bow which we all returned,

"My name is Meng, and I'm Aunt Wu's assistant." Meng greeted politely.
Her eyes met mine and I nodded with a polite smile, then they landed on Sokka as he offered a confident nod, then Katara, and finally Aang

Her eyes sparkled with delight and a uncomfortable pit settled in my stomach. Kinda like being the third wheel and you just sit there and stare akwardly as your best friend, and your sister kiss...

"Well hello there" she greeted Aang specifically with what could've easily been a delighted purr.

"Hello" Aang responded obliviously.

"Can I get you some tea or bean curd puffs?" Meng offered kindly.

"I'll try a curd puffs!" Sokka smiled.

I nodded and lowered myself onto the matcha colored cushion,

"Tea sounds lovely, if that's alright?" I said politely.

"Just a second" Meng choired and knelt down in front of a bored Aang,

"So what's your name?" She asked to which Aang answered. Meng looked delighted and the words,

"That rhymes with Meng!" Sprouted out, confirming my prior suspicions.

"-and you've got some pretty big ears, don't you?" She grinned. I wasn't sure what to say or do, was she insulting him? Complementing him? What do I do?

Aang looked self conscious,

"I guess..." He trailed.

"Don't be modest, they're huge!" Sokka motioned causing me to elbow him in the gut and making Aang glare at him while covering his ears.

"Well Aang, it's very nice to meet you. Very nice..." She added.

"Likewise" Aang said as he dropped his hands from his ears. Meng walking out of view.

"Hey, I think they suit you, Bud" I said reassuringly.

"Thanks Lyra" he sounded and I nodded.

"I can't believe we're here in the house of nonsense." Sokka rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Yeah, and I can't believe that I have an overdramatic brother" I countered.

Sokka scoffed and Katara took it as her turn to speak,

"Try to keep an open mind, Sokka. There are things in this world that can't be explained. Wouldn't it be nice to have some insight on your future?" Katara furthered the thought but Sokka wouldn't budge,

"It would be nice to have some bean curd puffs" Sokka responded sarcastically.

"Speaking of bean curd puffs" I pointed.

Meng entered carrying a tray with little difficulty before she was stopped by a woman in pale green,

"Oh, Meng!" The woman exclaimed in delight, "Aunt Wu says I'm going to meet my true love! He's going to give me a rare panda lily!" The woman said in delight.

Meng leaned her head back and her face took form of a dreamy smile,

"That's so romantic, I wonder if my true love will give me a rare flower.." she hinted. Despite that Aang had yet to catch on to what she meant and instead wished her, "good luck with that!"

The woman giggled,

"Is that the big ear guy, Aunt Wu predicted you'd marry?" The woman asked Meng amusingly. Meng pushed her away with a roaring blush. In her moment of composing herself she fell towards Aang. He caught her, and the tray a Meng's previously calm blush rose like bobbing apples in water. Just as red and rosy.

In an akward moment she gave Aang the tray stuttering the words, "enjoy your snack".

Aang dispersed the cups in confusion and his eyes stayed on her retreating figure suspiciously. I gave him a thankful nod and allowed Katara the task of bending the tea into cups. I had slowly lost skill in my physical forms of bending and instead it seemed that my bending nature leaned more towards branched bending rather than traditional forms. I could still easily bend physical water but it felt wrong, like I was writing a letter backwards.

It just felt.. wrong. My bending had begun to branch off into ice as well, and I found oddities such as the ability to manipulate plants, and even mud.

I took a thoghtful sip of the tea, but instantly cringed from the bitterness

The tea was good but not as good as Iroh's. He knew his way on how to round flavors and accentuate others. His jasmine tea was floral and delicate, and subtly sweet, then he added ginger to make it warm your entire body.

This tea tasted bitter, and slightly sour, it was also a bit watery and understeeped. All in all it was alright definitely not my favorite but much better than that time when I'd decided to use scorpion berries. The had tea hit my tongue like rotting seal meat and it left me without taste for three days.

I did not attempt it again.

But this tea was much better than that.

My thoughts fell from my bending as older woman approached us,

"Welcome, young travelers." She greeted, "now who's next? Don't be shy" she egged one of us forward. I didn't move but Katara did. I was apprehensive to say the least, what if she told me something bad? or something good? What was my life going to be like? I was so afraid.

"I guess that's me" Katara smiled.

I watched as Aunt Wu led her away to the back. I sipped my tea, my thoughts overriding my other senses.

I needed to find out what was going on. I guess that meant I was next..

-----

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I hope you all stay safe and healthy and I hope you guys have a fantastic day! See y'all in the next one! I love y'all, and until next time my Bookworms! ❤️
-Rose