Pranked or Pranksters?

Song is Only Human by Ryan Mack, as usual not my song or video. Just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter, I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose
_________________________________________

Lyra's POV

As I returned I blinked as the light returned as the glowing molecules. Katara was sat next to a pocket of black aka a campfire.

"Hey, Katara" I greeted casually.

She snapped around to face me,

"Hey, Lyra" she said returning the greeting.

"Where are the others?" I asked as I sat next to her.

Asura approached me from behind and hooted sleepily. It appeared she just woke up.

She stretched then headbutted me in the shoulder.

"Hi, Baby" I cooed.

I brushed my hands softly through Asura's feathers under her chin as she leaned into to the scratches.

"They gathered food, we got berries. Also, Aang and Sokka wanted to relax a bit. There's a small pond nearby. They're bathing, we can go next" she informed me.

I nodded,

"A bath sounds nice" I agreed.

Katara nodded as well,

"Your hair's not pulled back" I realized as it moved in the wind. Katara shrugged,

"It feels nice to have it down" she admitted.

"I should take mine down" I thought out loud.

"I can help you brush it" she offered as I ran my hand through tangles.

"I know h-" I protested.

"I know, it's more of a nice gesture than just doing it to you know-"

"Just to do it?" I finished for her "yeah, sure, why not"  I shrugged.

"Where's your comb?" She asked me.

"The middle pouch on the left side" I stated simply.

Katara nodded and grabbed it from the pouch I nodded towards.

She came out with the whale tooth comb and settled behind me. She pulled my hair from the bun I had it in and began brushing through the tangles at the bottom. It was nice, much nicer than when I did it myself. We didn't talk, just simply held a relaxed silence.

She slowly moved up my hair, where a mess of knots sat. Katara glided the comb through my hair, breaking the knots. Soon the comb reached my scalp. The comb broke through dried sweat, dirt, old blood, and scabs. It was amazing as my scalp lightend significantly. The comb moved over in smooth slow motions and worked away the rats nest that I always failed to break.

I hummed in delight, okay she was right, I'll give her that this time.

"Feel good?" Katara smiled.

I nodded with a relaxed smile,

"Yeah, thanks"

Katara gave a happy smile as she finished,

"All done!" Katara clapped.

I nodded, taking the comb from her extended hand and slid it into the middle pouch.

"Those two should be back any minute, we can go bathe as soon as they return" Katara stated as I took my bath products out.

"Speaking of which" I smiled as the two boys returned "here they come".

Sokka waved, the two appeared happier than usual.