Confessions

Panic at The Disco- Say Amen) As usual not my song or video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

We flew through the rain with Asura trailing just behind us. Katara scanned the area when she noticed a large cave, carved into the mountain-scape. She pointed towards it and signaled to land to Appa.

We both jumped off and I slid on the ground. I gritted my teeth together when I rolled my ankle. Katara was quick to jump to my aid but I shook my head, she needed to get to Aang before he did something rash. Every second counted.

Asura crumpled beside me, and I noticed the odd angle of her feathers. It'd take forever to get those things straightened. Good thing they were waterproof. I groaned in irritation,

"Lovely, just lovely." I sputtered sarcastically, expelling the water from my lips, and the drops that fell from the top of my nose to the bottom, making breathing in air without huge water drops nearly impossible.

Asura seemed just as irritated, and I pushed myself up from the ground, wincing occasionally as I put weight on my rolled ankle.

Asura was behind me, breathing heavily.

I dispersed the water from us as I sensed Aang.

"I'm sorry for running away." Aang said as I walked in, just behind Katara.

"It's okay, Bud." I said soothingly and rubbed gentle circles in his back.

"Yeah" agreed Katara, "that fisherman was way out of line."

"Actually, he wasn't."

"What do you mean, 'he wasn't'?" I asked attentively.

"Yeah" Katara nodded me forward.

"I don't wanna talk about it.." Aang's voice broke.

"It has to do with your dream doesn't it? Talk to us." Katara shook his shoulder gently.

"Well, it's a long story." Aang said with a pained expression.

Appa bumped Aang's head with his cold nose making Aang smile. Asura wasn't far behind him, but instead she walked over to me with cold shivers. She seemed irritated at the badly organized feathers in her wings. She could undoubtedly glide but certainly not fly.

"I'm gonna try and get a little fire going" Katara stated earnestly.

I patted Asura gently urging her over to me. I didn't know what was causing this storm but it certainly wasn't the ocean, or moon spirits.

We stayed in the cave for awhile, and Katara finished stoking the fire to life.

The wet logs cracked as the fire took it as fuel. It grew like a flickering midnight sky. You know I haven't really seen the night sky yet, have I? At least I haven't paid it much attention when I did see it (if I did).

We waited in a soft silence when Aang took a breath and readied himself,

"I'll never forget the day the monks told me I was the Avatar..."

"I was playing with some other kids, just outside the south wall. I was trying to teach them how to do the air scooter."

Aang finished his explanation and it all clicked in place. The reason he didn't know about the war, so innocent, his guilt, his loss, and his responsibility towards the world. I mean I knew he was frozen for a hundred years but his logic and reasoning now made sense.