Promises

The Score- Run Like a Rebel. Not my song or video, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

------------------

Lyra's POV

"I have to go." I frowned and pulled my hand away.

"Stay safe" he nodded sadly.

"Oh one more thing.." I said and pulled him into a kiss as he froze temporarily and kissed back.

We seperated moments later as I realized how dangerous this secret could be.

It'd be fine no one would find out.

My tongue tasted of cinamon, and chocolate and a warm honey several hours later but I had zero regrets.

"That's for the last time." I smirked and pulled away.

I went up the cliff with the help of some water and made it onto Appa's back before anyone else awoke.

-----

3rd POV

He watched as she retreated back up the hill and he had never been so happy to be without his uncle or his guards.

He remembered how graceful she was despite being unable to see.

The way her hair moved in the wind with a white lock going down her neck and the the way her blindfold moved with it. But he now saw her without the blindfold. The scar moved over her eyes and the scarred skin crinkled much easier than the non scarred. It was something he related to fondly.

He realized how lucky he was to have not been blinded by his father. Maybe his father wasn't as bad as he could've been.

That settled it, he'd capture the Avatar and take her with him where they'd live out their lives together in happiness. Not only that he'd get his honor back.

It was a win win.

------

Lyra's POV

It was the next morning and I rubbed the sleep from my eyes with a yawn.

"Morning" I greeted tiredly.

No one was awake yet but I found a burning blow at my gut with impending doom.

I stared in a silver mirror hanging on the wall.

A face stared back at me and I realized in a stupid moment that I could see.

But the face wasn't my own, nor was it the face of the ocean.

No, it was the face of a phycopath.

The man in the mirror didn't look directly in my direction but his brown eyes and dark sideburns warned me ahead of time of the darkness in his soul.

His eyes darted back and fourth showing the deep, dark evil behind them.

His face was sharp like a badly carven log.

Beyond the overwhelming heat of his brown eyes shadows danced like ruthless strings.

His eyes reflected a red moon and powerless citizens.

He laughed manaically as I collapsed on the ground as the mirror fell off the wall and shattered. Still his face showed split apart in the cracked shards and his voice left a final message,

"I am Zhao! The Moon Slayer!" His voice echoed

-----

I woke up drenched in a pool of sweat with Aang shaking me awake.

"Lyra, come on we gotta go!" Aang whisper yelled as he shook me awake.

I shot up in confusion feeling very disoriented when I realized it was just a dream.

I nodded thinking Sokka and Katara were on Appa waiting.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

Aang stated at the ground guiltily,

"they're not coming..." he mumbled which I hadn't heard.

"What? I can't hear you when you talk like that." I stated.

"They're not coming" he said louder and clearer as he met Appa.

"What? Why?" I questioned quickly

"I don't want them getting hurt, and I know you can handle yourself with your bending." Aang stated and pulled at Appa's reigns as he refused to move.

"Why, Aang? What if something happens?" I crossed my arms.

"Then I have you.." he said lightly "what's the worst that can happen anyways?" He shrugged lightly.

Appa, meanwhile refused to move, and I felt myself searching for Asura.

"I'd never forgive myself if they got hurt, you as well but Roku needs to talk to you. He says it's important." Aang explained.

Screams flashed in my mind as I saw Katara bleeding out on the ground with Sokka dead next to her. I saw the fire coming over them and their screams of agony. My mom's scream filled my ears and I clenched my eyes tight.

"Okay, but if something happens run, and don't look back." I said forcefully.

"Lyra-"

"Aang, please."

-----

"Fine" he sighed.

I nodded and forced a warm smile to my face,

"It'll be okay, Bud. I'm sure it'll be fine." I assured him.

He nodded and caught me in a hug,

"Also gotta make sure you impress your girlfriend" I winked as Aang blushed red.

"How do you even know about that? I mean! She's not my girlfriend!" He asked incredulously before quickly defending himself.

I smirked,

"Sure, and I'm an earthbender." I joked "I know a few things, now let's go before Ka-tara... hey Katara, how's your morning?" I greeted sheepishly.

"Please don't go, Aang. The world can't  afford to lose you to the firenation, neither can I. Also, Lyra. We'll talk later." She finished as I laughed nervously and hid behind Appa.

"But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means, and Lyra has to talk to the ocean spirit, La.
We need to get to the fire temple before the sun sets on the solstice-"

"Which is today!" I added as I peeked from behind Appa

"We're not letting you two go into the firenation-" Katara began

"At least not without your family. We got your guy's back." Sokka finished.

Unfortunately for Sokka he was in licking range for Appa as he screamed,

"Ew!"

"It's a long journey to the crescent island. You'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown. Good luck." The mayor said as he handed off a package which I took with much curiosity.

I bowed,

"Thank you for your-"

"Go!" He yelled.

Aang nodded as Appa took off.

Part of me worried for that village, and I couldn't help but smell wood burning as we were far above where the clouds masked the ablity to see anything below.

What a week...

-------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed! Until next time my Bookworms! Stay safe and healthy, and have a good day! I'll see you in the next one! Bye my Bookworms!
-Rose