Take a Bow

Not my photo, all rights go to proper owners. The song is Things are Gonna Get Better- by NEFFEX. As usual not my song or video just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose
________

Lyra's POV

I shuddered awake to crisp morning air. It was early and the ground around Asura and I was covered in morning dew.

I lifted her wing up and tried my best to avoid disturbing her. Luckily I had succeeded, and made my way towards the baths the abby provided.

I smiled as I noticed a figure in my bending vision and gave a polite nod. This was nice, no whining siblings, nothing. My thoughts intruded upon me as I undressed as unwrapped the fabric around my chest.

I hesitantly slipped off my mom's arm bands, and wrist guards, and handed them to the woman responsible for the cleaning of jewelry, and laundry. I handed my garments over rather timidly, feeling very nervous without them. The woman returned with a robe, and a earth kingdom style gown which she insisted I kept. Along with a new wrap for my chest, and a pair of underwear

I thanked her, accepting defeat from the insistent elder. She guided me to the women's bathhouse and led me to a private bath. I sighed in relief, not very comfortable bathing in front of strangers.

After I was left to my business I set the clothes on a wooden table, and pulled my hair down.

The blindfold came with it and it came off with a fierce ripping sound. I winced as I felt the tattered blindfold in my hands and decided it was way past saving. It found it's way into the garbage, and I dipped my toe into the water finding it nice and warm.

With my soap and oil newly replenished I relished in the feeling of pure utter relief. I washed everywhere and felt refreshed as I found that I smelled raspberry oil; a scent I'd never before smelled. It was sweet, tangy, and had a hint of the dashing scent of mint to it. It sparked with a brightness that made my nose tingle.

After I had finished my bath I bended the water off my body and drained the water.

It was clear incredibly refreshing to be clean again, and I pulled the dress over my head and undergarments, tying it in the back. The robe was not needed so I returned it, and slipped on my boots.

The last thing I needed was my water skin which I kept with me. I slung it over my chest and stretched my arms in relief.

I left my hair down, not in the mood to keep it up, but I still brushed it. I walked out feeling refreshed but hungry. It was time for breakfast. Luckily the abby served breakfast.

I walked into the dinner hall with my blindfold forgotten and my head held high. I felt happy, and I knew Bato was likely watching.

I smiled in a friendly manner and was able to identify some of the breakfast items without La's help. He assisted with some of it, having become used to seeing as I did, and offered useful tid-bits of information to identify certain items. He recognized my stubbornness and refusal for his vision, as I had become used to using it in the state we dubbed, 'The Oceanic State' I think it sounded awesome.

I sat down next to Katara as Asura ran up to me holding a dead fish by the tail with a delighted and proud coo.

It was maybe a foot long and a smile blossomed on my face as I ruffled her feathers sat on her head with my free hand ( my other held a wooden tray full of breakfast items).

"Did you catch that all on your own?" I cooed to her and she shook her head and motioned towards Momo perched on a sour expression filled Aang.

"I'm very happy, now go see your boyfriend. Mom's gotta eat her breakfast, and cheer up a little Airbender" I motioned. She didn't hesitate and skipped away with Momo close behind her.

"Hey sis!" Katara greeted me with a broad grin, "Bato's taking us iceberg dodging, do you want to come?" Katara offered excitedly.

My focused thoughts stopped in an instant and a grin split across my face as my head snapped up towards her, and I nodded eagerly.

"Yeah! I've always wanted to!" I agreed excitedly.

Katara smiled back at me,

"Hurry up then! We're going after breakfast! Sokka is getting the boat ready with Bato now" Katara informed me.

I nodded, stuffing my face in a hurry and returned my tray in a matter of minutes, I hadn't been allowed to ever go before, even before I went blind, it just wasn't ladylike.

"Hey, Aang do you want to come?" I offered the young airbender.

His head snapped up and his face broke into a fake smile,

"I'd love to!" He agreed.

I narrowed my eyes at him,

"Are you okay, Bud?" I asked him.

"Yea-Yeah, of course I am!" He said too enthusiastically.

Lies

I gritted my teeth, had Bato said something to him?

I outwardly shrugged, and I could see the sweat drip off his forehead.

Sure you are..

"Whatever you say, anyways, I need to get ready, I'll go check in and see if my clothes are done, and get changed. You two should probably get your clothes washed as well, it's bath day today for Appa, and Asura today" I reminded them.

"We'll do it before, Sokka and Bato get back.." show Bato what I can do.

Katara nodded and Aang readily agreed.

I walked out the dining hall feeling fierce, and determined.

I walked like a lipard, with my strides relaxed but taut. My heart pumped like a machine, and I prepared my bending for practice, the two of them would probably take a few hours to prepare the boat, and I knew that gave me enough time to do my thing.

I returned to the bath-house and found my dry clothes done, and clean.

I retied my blindfold and smoothed out the new blindfold to fit my face.

There was a clearing and I redied my new skill. I focused hard on the strong bend of a wood like material, and the string that secured the ends of the "wood".  I pulled back at the string and the water string snapped making the bow break against my arm like a whip.

This was gonna hurt...
______

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it took far longer than I would've liked but this chapter is done! Anyways have a wonderful day and stay safe and healthy. I love y'all, and I hope you have a wonderful week! Until next time my Bookworms!
-Rose