Blockade

Not Another Song About Love- Nightcore Nazakki- original song- Hollywood Ending- Nightcore. Not my song or video, just another song I was to while writing this chapter, hope you guys enjoy!

------------------

Lyra's POV

It had only been an hour as I felt the sun rise above the clouds and hit my face.

We'd made it ahead of scedule as I fidgeted with a ball of ice which Asura chased on the saddle.

Asura was huge and was almost full grown.

She kept fidgeting with the saddle Aang had made before I readjusted it to fit her natural feather growth.

Aang pushed Appa to go fater and I couldn't help but feel bad for the bison.

"Aang we got trouble!" Katara warned

"Yeah, and it's gaining fast!" Sokka followed.

"Who is it?!" I shouted over the wind.

"Your crazy psycho, fire loving, anger issue, scarface boyfriend!" Sokka shouted.

"What did you say?!" I irked "take that back, Sokka! There's nothing wrong with scars, and he's not crazy, he just has some mental issues to work through." I defended the fire prince.

"Uh huh and you're mental- oh my spirits!" Sokka gasped as Katara and Aang followed behind.

"What!? Gosh darn it! I'm blind! Please explain what you're see before I dive off this saddle to find out myself!" I growled in annoyance as Asura proceeded to push the ball of melting ice off Appa's tail and knock some poor crewmate carrying tea and shattering Iroh's favorite teacup.

"Fireball!" Katara yelled as I dived and grabbed Asura and Momo to keep them on the saddle.

Aang managed to avoid the first one as Katara frantically suggested we get out of Zuko's range.

"Can't you make Appa go faster?" Sokka asked.

"Yeah, but there's just one little problem.."

"And what's that?" I asked as I sat up.

"A blockade." Aang answered as I gulped nervously.

"I'll distract them we'll meet up on the island in no time." I decided and sat on Asura's waiting saddle.

"Are you sure?" Aang asked nervously as I nodded.

"Remember that promise. Don't look back." I told him as Katara and Sokka looked in shock before screaming after me as Asura took off.

First I memorized the wind direction and called on the ocean to borrow it's vision.

Light pierced my blindfold as I tore it away to be met with a blinding sky blue.

Now was not the time to be caught in such simple wonders, I had a job to do.

I put my feet at Asura's wing joints and made a sharp whistle as her signal to turn right as I stared down at my boyfriends ship.

Boyfriend or not we're enemies right now. That was the agreement and I was gonna keep to it.

I raised my hand pulling the water upwards like pulling at the top layer of the water causing his fireball to be drenched in water.

I whistled twice sharply as a way to tell Asura to fly ahead of Aang.

With my mark glowing I didn't doubt my eyes were glowing either.

"Lyra! Look out!" Aang called as I turned my attention ahead to two fireball heading my way.

"Dive!" I yelled as Asura dodged the fireballs and Aang sent a wae of air destroying them.

"Up!" I called as she angled up sharply and her wings caught more air.

"Good girl!" I praised as we weaved and dodged through many fireballs in an attempt to dodge and distract which had worked but now I had huge amounts of attention on me and my vision was beginning to break as my physical strength began to fail and break by staying in the state for to long.

We barely dodged the fireballs as Aang flew out of range.

With a migraine beginning to take hold I pulled all my energy into keeping them safe.

I heard Sokka's scream as he fell theough the clouds.

"Dive!" I screamed in panic as I reached out my hand and caught him just barely.

Asura meanwhile had caught a fish in her beak from the ocean close call.

Sokka latched onto me like a scared koala bear.

"Hold on tight!" I warned him and wrapped myself tightly on Asura as we barely dodged fireballs.

I guided Asura to fly over Appa and dropped Sokka onto the saddle.

"Go ahead guys! I'll be right behind!" I promised.

Sokka nodded as he stared at me trustingly. Trust I hadn't seen or heard before, like he had some respect for me.

Aang looked back and nodded at my confidence, whereas Katara held anxiety.

We dived below the clouds in a spiral and dipped over the ships as my blood ran cold at the sight of a sharp, badly shapen face, like the one from my dream the night prior with the exact details.

It was just a dream, I'd probably seen him before.

Fortunately we'd made it through and landed swiftly on Roku's island.

I hopped off Asura who collapsed breathing heavily as I lay hunched over beside her.

I gagged on the ground as the contents of my stomach settled somewhat, and my eyesight turned back with the migrane in full force from overusing my bending.

"Lyra! You made it safe-" Aang called happily and was about to catch me in a hug when I made a stop motion with my hands.

"One word of advice, don't overuse your bending, or do flips when flying at hight speeds.." I advised painfully as I winced standing up a bloody burn stretched across my left calf (from a close fireball) and windburn on my face.

It seems Asura had the same thought only she sucessfully threw up the whole fish which she had swallowed whole while flying.

She took a breath sounding better and re-swallowed the fish in smaller bits.

If this was how today was gonna go, I vote out.

------

Sooo hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Until next time my Bookworms I'll see y'all in the next one! Stay safe and healthy, and have a great day! Buh bye!
-Rose