Canyon Guide?

Kelly Clarkson- War Paint. As usual not my song or video. Just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose

-----------------

Lyra's POV

I was urged awake by Sokka at midnight.

"It's your turn to guard, Lyra." He whispered.

I sighed tiredly, the one night I don't have any insomnia.

"Got it." I groaned inwardly.

Sokka went to the tent to sleep until morning.

Judging by how much sun I felt, (which was nothing) that meant that the moon was at its peak.

Sokka took no issue falling asleep with loud obnoxious snores.

It was gonna be a long night..

--

Hours passed and I spaced my bending out in a thicker layer which meant it'd be more accurate.

The trees, and foliage lit up with water like a full bulb. Drops fell from the sky which I shielded everyone from. Keeping my arms moving until a large dome formed above everyone.

Until it stopped and I moved my arms in a fast movement breaking my palms apart to make the water smaller until the air was humid and the ground dry.

So much for the dry season.

I sat back breathing fast and my arms burned.

Shouldn't of done that.

My head spun slightly and the beginning of a migraine gripped the base of my skull, its jagged tendrils gripped my head, the way one did a cats scruff.

No more water. I flipped the switch on my head to disconnect my vision from my waterbending which was much harder then I first thought. I'd had it on for so long that the switch was stuck in place. It'd take more effort, and chi to turn it off rather than keep it on.

So I settled down, trying to keep my waterbending vision to a minimum. The area was big enough that I'd detect the danger long before it could detect any of us. Even with Sokka's snores.

The minutes went by painfully slow, and I struggled to stay awake.

As the minutes passed I allowed my mind to wander. I kept a ball of aerated ice in my hands and stretched back on a a fallen log.

My mind wandered to Jet and I briefly wondered what happened to him. I hoped he was paying for what he'd done.

My fists clenched, and the aerated ice cracked, and crumbled in my tight grasp with a satisfying crunch.

I relaxed at the satisfying sound when the sun hit my face.

The birds changed their song to greet the sunrise, alongside the other inhabitants of the forest.

I pushed myself off the dead log and walked through the squelching mud to the campsite.

I gathered myself a breakfast of fruit, and got some for Aang.

I washed my face with some cold water in a nearby stream.

Asura had also awakened with Momo following behind her in a starstruck fashion.

She dipped her head down into the water as Momo dived to catch a small fish.

The fish flapped violently in his arms but Momo teetered himself over to Asura with the fish pounding in his grasp.