Apologies

The Wolf- by Phidel, and The Disappearance of a Girl.  One of my favorites, and it was a lullaby my mom played when I was younger. So I hope you guys enjoy! As usual not my song or video, all that jazz. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

-------------------

Lyra's POV

I shot awake in a cold sweat and punched the stranger shaking me square in the jaw.

It was a moment too late when I realized the stranger was Sokka. He was now cradling his jaw.

"Sokka, oh my spirits! I'm so sorry!"  I apologized.

"Shouldn't of done that, shouldn't of done that" he repeated to himself.

"I'm fine" he gritted his teeth and finally faced me.

"Thanks for waking me up" I laughed, "didn't mean to punch you" I smiled sheepishly.

He waved me off,

"It's fine. I probably shouldn't of shaken you awake like that."

"So uh- what are we doing for supplies? We're low on food" I stated the obvious.

Sokka nodded,

"Yeah, Katara made plans for us to resupply at the next market" he explained.

I nodded in thought,

"We don't have very much money, I have three unspent silver though.." I admitted.

Katara looked at me seeming the smallest bit angry,

"And how long have you known this exactly?" She leaned forward expectingly.

I paled slightly,

"Uhh since King Bumi gave us the money.." I admitted.

I rubbed the back of my head as Aang paused what he was doing to look at me.

"You mean the silver we used to pay the canyon guide?" It was more a statement then a question and my face fell,

"You're kidding right?" I questioned him.

Aang shook his head hesitantly,

"No?" He asked hesitantly.

"Fuck" I slumped.

"How much do we have left?" Katara asked hesitantly.

Sokka reached for the bag resting by Asura and his wolf tail bobbed in the wind.

'Sokka!" I warned him.

Too late, the wolf tail on the back of his head had caught Asura's attention. She spotted the bobbing hair in the wind and her interest fell away from Katara's bending.

She wiggled her butt and pounced. Scaring Sokka and forcing him on his stomach before he could react.

"Ow!" He protested.

Asura was nibbling on his wolf tail and pulling at his hair.

"Asura, off!" I ordered sternly.

Asura paused briefly and cooed sadly

Sokka took the moment without any hesitation and snatched the bag only to find a singular silver coin as he pulled it from the bag.

"Well good news, we have one silv-" Sokka was stopped as light bounced from the coin catching Asura's attention.

"No!" I yelled a moment to soon.

The coin fell from his hand and I groaned hearing it hit the ocean sinking below the surface.

"And now we have zero" I stated plainly.

Sokka groaned irritated as we landed next to a ship docking area.

"Hey" I said gently patting his back reassuringly, "I'm sure it'll work out." I said reassuringly.

Sokka nodded, and Katara went to find food with what little money remained.

She dragged me with her and we rounded a corner, she stopped me.

"Hey, Lyra. I'm sorry." She said shamefully.

I wanted to be confused in fear I might sound selfish, and self-centered. But I couldn't bring myself to that. I knew why she was apologizing.

I let her continue with a hesitant nod.

"I've been acting really selfish, and mean. It's not fair to any of you guys. I realized after Jet, I just got.... scared, I guess. I'm supposed to be your twin sister, you're supposed to trust me, and I realize I've broken that trust. I didn't mean any of the bad stuff I said about you. I was just angry, and I was taking it out on you. Please, forgive me." She bowed her head in shame and I stepped back stunned.

"You're apologizing? But you never apologize, least of all to me!" I waved my hands in shock.

"I'm going insane" I mumbled, "no temperature, I must be hearing things, is that concussion still there, I-" she stopped me seeming even more ashamed.

"I did apologize, Lyra. I never should've said those things. For the longest time I was upset that you were hanging out with Sokka and not me. I got a bit jealous, and I couldn't understand what he was doing that I wasn't. Instead it was what I WAS doing, that he WASN'T. I belittled you, I treated you like an object that needed protection, when instead I should've treated you like a human being just as capable of protecting yourself as any of us. For that, I'm sorry." She finished.

My eyes shined as she spoke, and tears stung my eyes as I gained something I'd been working towards for years...

Respect.

"I apologize too" I frowned.

Katara's head snapped up in confusion,

"Why are you apologizing?" She questioned me curiously,

I shook my head,

"You don't understand, Katara. I should've been the bigger person and addressed the problem before we drifted as far apart as we are now" I explained.

She nodded in understanding.

"Well, we have much to fix.." she said sadly.

I laughed,

"The big part is over. However to stop this from happening again, I have some rules." I stated firmly.

Katara nodded,

"Anything, if it means we can fix this" she agreed before I'd begun.

I stopped her,

"No, I need you to listen." I said unmovable.

Katara nodded carefully.

"Okaayyy?"she nodded for me to begin.

"Rule One: Treat me with the same respect I treat you." Katara agreed with a curt nod.

"Rule Two: I am blind. But, I am NOT helpless, so don't treat me as such.

Rule Three: You have to trust me, if I have a plan, I have a plan. More often then not they work.." I held up three finger and flipped another up.

"Four: I am a waterbender, and I use my bending to see. I can use my bending to see your blood flow, your heartbeat, and I can see your expressions based on how your facial muscles move. Therefore I'll be able to tell if you're lying. Don't lie to me."

"Five: I am a human being, you will not belittle me, and treat me like a object that needs to be protected. I can watch my back, so I can handle my own."

"Six: Let me swim when I have free time if we're by a body of water. It's what relaxes me, and I'm safer in the water then anywhere else. Got it?" I finished.

Katara nodded quickly with no arguments,

"Good, now let's go shopping. Mhm, I smell rain.." I said my, causing Katara to laugh at my antics.

-------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Stay safe, and healthy my Bookworms. Have an incredible day, and I'll see y'all in the next one! Until next time, bye my Bookworms!
-Rose