Loyalty

Found my newest favorite song, Die Happy- By Dreamers. I have the one without flashing lights for anyone sensitive to them. As usual, not my song or video as it was just another song I was listening to while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

I found myself accepting the truth. Perhaps I was.

It wasn't hard at all, as in the water tribe it wasn't at all uncommon especially when the men had left for war.

It was widely accepted. Why should I be afraid?

I pondered on the thoughts and everyone soon fell asleep.

Well everyone except for me, of course.

I tried, yet my mind wandered further off until the sleepy feeling was completely blocked by insomnia.

I rested against a tree as we landed.

I brought up the spare tent we had with help from Asura.

The wound had healed significantly in my time passed out. But, not completely.

The two cuts joined together at the bottom like a viper rats tongue.

Asura hooted softly, and nudged everyone awake.

The tent was sent up with the tarp as an insulator between everyone and the ground.

I only did this because we were under a tree which acted as an umbrella.

Appa curled up outside the tent after I fed him some foraged berries.

Asura ate the fruit hungerly and I gave her some of the dried treats.

My stomach growled and I reached towards the basket of fruit to find a tiny wild blueberry remaining.

I sighed in disappointment but popped the berry in my mouth.

It was hard, and sour. Clearly unripe.

I swallowed the sour juice, and berry to find it coating my tongue with a greasy bitterness.

My seaweed snacks were long gone, and I just had to accept the facts.

I curled within Asura and noted that'd she had a few ingrown feathers I'd have to pull out in the morning.

The more my mind wandered the more sleepy I got. Looks like I was wrong about the insomnia tonight..

______

It was the next morning, and I woke up to the delighted squeals of the two twins playing with Asura.

I was deeply confused, but my mind was hit with yesterday.

I groaned as my spine popped and I pushed Asura's wing off me gently.

The Zhang's and Gan Jins ate peacefully unlike their other tribesmen, and women.

The two groups chattered awkwardly, but not hostilely.

It was several hours later which I had lost track of when everyone met up with us.

I was just walking back with Asura, after washing myself of dirt.

I chatted lightly about branched bending with a Gan Jin elder woman.

She brought up topics such as poisons, and acids.

It fascinated me and I found myself engrossed in possibilities for water and other elements.

Like I bended water vapor what if a firebenders could bend heat, or pure energy like I heard with lightening. What if they could mind control someone using electrical impulses in the brain?

Then earth, what if they could bend glass, sand, crystal, maybe even bone!

Then air, maybe stuff like floating, suffocation, and spiritual energy because Aang said airbenders were very spiritual.

We were cut short on our way back and I squeezed out my hair.

I heard a shriek and felt my blood run cold.

I raced forward, dropping everything and left the woman with Asura.

One of the older Gan Jin elders had yelled.

I reached out an arm blocking whatever this thing was. My attack stance dropped an I realized that Aang was riding it. He leapt off the creature sending a sack of some sort of food back into the canyon. Others leapt off and I found the old earth bender grounded and exhausted. Also he had a broken arm, not so good.

The tribes separated, seemingly on good terms. That was new.

"I never thought a Gan Jin could get his hands dirty like that.." the leader of the Zhang's mused impressively.

"And I never knew you Zhang's were so reliable in a pinch" the Jin's leader expressed in surprise.

"Perhaps we're not so different afterall" stated the Zhang leader, much to my surprise.

"To bad we can't rewrite history!" The old man   turned the conversation on a 180. I knew it, I spoke to soon.

"You thieves stole our sacred orb from Ghin Wai!" Accused the Jin leader fiercely and he withdrew his sword pointing it forward.

"You tyrants wrongly imprisoned Wai Ghin for twenty long years!" The Zhang leader turned the tables.

I should've known.

Wait, isn't that just the same name flipped around? These two are idiots. I'm willing to bet this is just a made up myth so that whoever stole this so called sacred orb didn't get in trouble, only they were caught or something. Then as time passed the tale grew more, and more embellished.

I ignored the two babbling idiots and droned out to go collect the two groups to deliver the news of the two parties arrivals.

The news traveled fast across the groups and when I returned I found the two leaders exchanging bows and vowing to travel as one tribe.

It was with some sadness that I waved them off and I joined the three.

I barely missed the old earth bender as he sprinted past me at record speed, proclaiming his retirement as the canyon guide.

"That's some luck you knew Ghin Wai, and Wai Ghin." Sokka mused.

"You could call it luck.. or you could call it lying!" Aang grinned.

I patted his back scaring him and the others. Sokka was quick to withdraw his boomerang but he relaxed upon realizing it was me.

"Oh, it's just you, Lyra." He breathed in relief before Aang's word registered,

"I made the whole thing up." Aang stated.

I laughed,

"You could've fooled me, had I not been able to sense your heartbeat." I praised him.

Sokka stared dumbfounded.

"You did not... that is so wrong." Katara smirked evilly.

Clearly someone noticed something she liked.

Katara *cough* Aang *cough*.

"Now where is that custard tart? I'm starving!" Aang said as he began to look around.

"You mean this?" I questioned taughtily.

I pulled out a perfect custard tart from one of the forgotten bags. It seemed to sparkle almost and I was certain if I could see it, I'd be hearing the choir of angels.

The smell of it alone exuded of rich, creamy, buttery, warm, heaven. It was safe to say I had no need to fear it's expiration date.

-----

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! This week is going to be extremely busy as I have final exams, and SATS testing. So please be patient with me. Anyways, stay safe and healthy my Bookworms, have a incredible day, and I'll see y'all in the next one!
-Rose