Chapter 77: Diclofenac

A'ight, this fanfic may be over 100 chapters but I must, at all cost, finish this before school starts or I'm sure I'll regret it forever. Wish me luck. 

________________________________

"Gege, how come you look worse everyday?" Shao Jun grumbled as ge sat with Shao Long on the hospital beds, eating hawthorn berries. It was currently early in the morning, and no one else had woken up yet. Lest not the most of them.

"Says the one who looked like you have motion sickness..." Shao Long ruffled his brother's hair with an empty look on his face. Shao Jun had been tiring himself out these days. He had cracked into the dark web countless times just to find some loopholes in Xi Shen Ko's affairs. So far, his effort had been fruitful, but only a little bit.

Meanwhile, it had been close to a week of collecting evidence, and Xi Shen Ko had yet to make a move. Aside from assisting in collecting evidence, Shao Long went by his life in mild anxiety, thinking about what Xi Shen Ko was planning.

He had just received news about the heart found in India just yesterday. Supposedly, the time to check whether or not the heart could be used by him should take around a few hours, but no news were received till now.

Shao Long was starting to think that the heart was not at all valid for him to use.... 

"Xueyang said that you couldn't sleep at night. Aren't you tired?" Shao Long asked him, deeply concerned about his brother's health.

"Mm, I'm fine. Xueyang stayed with me the whole night, so I feel safer. Right now, he's probably resting" Shao Jun replied.

Shao Long glanced at the door of his hospital room and had a thought. There had been guards all over the hospital for days now. Theoretically speaking, they would let down their guard already.

Who knows if any where is safe now.

Just where the hell was that guy?

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Both the brothers had their eyes focused towards the entrance as a nurse came in, carrying a tray of medicine. It was the same nurse that assisted Doc days ago.

Ever since that day, the nurse had been restless all day, especially when she saw Charles.

"Here's your medicine for the day, Young Mister Xi. Doc told me to send his regards" the nurse smiled.

Shao Long smiled, then said "Thank you. Where is he, by the way?"

"He's in the reception hall, dealing with the parents of the patient who died a few days ago" the nurse smiled.

"Ah, could it be...." Shao Long pondered "Is it the parents of the little girl from 5 days ago?"

"Yes, that's the one. They just....seemed to be so frustrated. It would be bad if this matter went out in public. It would cause a ruckus. After all, there had never been a murder in Momos before" the nurse spoke.

Hearing this, Shao Long was slightly interested.

"No murder case?"

"Nope! A completely clean two-decade record. Principle Evan takes care of the island so well that no one dares to kill each other" the nurse giggled.

Shao Long pondered for a while before asking "....Miss, how long have you been working here?"

"Huh? Let's see....around 6 to 7 years. Why?" the nurse asked.