Chapter 118: Tracking

What should one do in the presence of uncertainty? Once, in Shao Jun's life, he thought that he knew everything, that everything was common sense. Back then, he said that lightning is the sky sneezing, and waves were the sea dancing. Now, Shao Jun had long come to realize that he knew very little about the world. That, unfortunately, meant that he knew very little on what should be done, as a normal 16-year-old who almost never went away from home. 

That was why, upon seeing that one guard currently in the med bay, with a gun pointed towards them, a box Shao Jun assumed was where the heart was located, Shao Jun's mind went blank. 

What was he supposed to do?

Thankfully, Xue Yang does not share the same internal conflict as he does. Instead, like the professional that he was, he brought his hands behind the back of his head in mock surrender, which Shao Jun reluctantly followed. The guard was speaking a language he did not understand, despite him being a multilingual himself, but with the harsh gesture using the tip of the gun, Shao Jun once again assumed that the guard was trying to lead them somewhere. 

And once again, Xue Yang had proven himself to be worthy of Xi Shen Ko's trust when suddenly, all Shao Jun saw was the guard crouching on the floor, screaming as he clutched at his now bloodied hand, one that had a hole that looked suspiciously like a bullet wound. The gun he had once held was dropped to the ground pitifully, and so was the box. Only after seeing the box hit the ground did Shao Jun first show his panic. He shrieked, uncaring of the sight of blood, and instead more concerned about the heart that was going to save his brother. 

Within seconds, Xue Yang was across the room where the guard was already trying to get up to defend his sorry ass. Before he could so much as regain his footing though, the Chinese bodyguard had already knocked him out with a smack to the back of his head with an accurate precision that does not warrant murder. Shao Jun scrambled over to them, desperately clutching the box in his hand, only to feel the blood draining from his face at the sight of the clearly opened lid, all the seals having been opened and removed. 

Fuck. 

Fuckity fuck! 

Let us rewind what happened roughly half an hour ago. 

After the brief communication with Micah, Shao Jun dropped to the ground, leaning against the wall of the med bay with a sigh. Before him, laid a couple of tablets and phones he had to tamper with, as part of his task given to him by Shao Long, and partially Micah. As someone who was quite lenient and not actively targeted by Xi Shen Ko, Shao Jun and Xue Yang was set to be the backbone of their success and escapade. 

According to Shao Long's very vague and very suspicious planning, Shao Long himself was going to be the bait, Charles acting as their main weapon, Anubis as their literal soldier, Nova and Shintarou as their metaphorical fuel, Shao Jun and Xue Yang, working together with Ciel to be their tracker, Gion, Livio, Alex and Albert will calm everyone around wherever they were stationed, while Leon and Evan was going to make sure the people at the Academy won't do anything stupid. As far as he was concerned, if Felix didn't somehow suddenly appear at the hospital to give a helping but otherwise self-endangering hand, he would have no proper role. That said, Shao Jun doubted the redhead could even sit still. For now though, Felix was with Gion and Livio at the airport. So's to say, their role had already ended there when it became clear that both the heart and Xi Shen Ko were now at the hospital, somewhere.