Chapter 82: Suspicious Rose Willow

A/N: In the end, I did not update for 5 days straight..... Pro-procrastinator. Sorry. Ahahahha.

🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗

The hospital had been rather chaotic for a few days now. As soon as words had spread about a murder happening on the island, a baseless murder at that, everyone had been on guard and rarely left their homes. Most people came to discharge their relatives for fear of the murderer, so the situation got tense. All in all, everyone was tired and restless.

Sitting with the rest of these anxious people in the reception hall, was a teenager wearing the green patient clothes. With his slanted eyes and dark hair, people could tell that he was Asian. This teenager was someone who had been under the special care of the whole hospital for days now. Some other patients recognized him. This was Xi Shao Long.

As the teenager waited there, plenty of gazes fell onto his figure. It was rare for a patient to be in the reception hall unattended. This teenager seemed like he was waiting for someone.

When a male nurse came up to him, they all retracted their gazes.

Shao Long hardly recognized this male nurse, but since he was partially in charge of medicine, he was able to remember his name.

"Mr. Davis, is there something wrong?" he asked with a smile.

The nurse, Mr. Davis, shook his head with a sigh "How many times do I have to tell you to stay in your room? Anyone who wants to visit you will go to your room, so you don't have to bother coming out. It's dangerous".

Mr. Davis was one of the few that knew about Shao Long's condition. His position in the hospital is quite high.

Shao Long chuckled nervously and replied "Sorry about that. It's just that I've been uneasy these days and though that a crowd might calm me down. It worked".

Mr Davis sighed exasperatedly, mumbling "People are staring at you, you know. How does that nake you calm?"

"It's better than having someone look at me in secret still. Besides, if I had a cardiac arrest, there are plenty of people here that could help. Being alone in my room is rather scary".

"Alright, alright, you win" Mr Davis slumped into the seat next to him and heaved a tired sigh. "Damn, it's been so tiring lately. So many people are freaking out".

"Mm" Shao Long hummed, agreeing with him. Even he himself was getting tired over nothing.

Maybe it was the hospital.

The nurse glanced at his dazed look and pursed his lips lightly. His brows had been furrowed, pupils moving from corner to corner is hesitation.

"Actually..." he started "There's something I've been meaning to tell you about".

Shao Long turned to him, eyebrows perked in interest. "What is it? You can tell me".

"It's just that.....I don't know if you know, but I handle patient's data, so I basically know about every patient here in the hospital. It's been bugging me that some patients had moved out so much against the doctor. It would be dangerous for them to leave".

"Well, there's nothing I can do about it, now can I?" Shao Long casted his eyes down, silently heaving a sigh.

"That's fine, you know. But thing is, this is not the only time the patients all want to run away from the hospital. I usually was able to convince them to stay. However, this time, no one listened" the nurse commented when he saw the upset look on Shao Long's face.