Chapter 100: Surgery

It's Chapter 100 y'all. Cheers! Some lazy fanarts to celebrate 👆. I have no idea why it's horizontal.

🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹

Dissociative Identity Disorder. This matter is a horrible twist on their end, and on Xi Shen Ko himself. It would he hard to tell which one of them would have the most disadvantages. One could say that it puts Xi Shen Ko in a tighter spot, with his own other identity that was basically a parasite to him, backing them up. For their own case, the custody of a mentally ill person is much more complicated. Because Xi Shen Ko most likely never went for treatment, he could have a chance of proving himself innocent, and even though there was no specific way to tell if he was really innocent, Xi Shen Ko being Xi Shen Ko, he would've grasped that chance and clung to it tightly. And that simply means he wouldn't give up.

"That doesn't make sense though." Zhen Yangyang suddenly spoke up. Being a detective herself, she too had her fair share of mentally ill criminals. However, none as dangerous as Xi Shen Ko for now. As such, she already did countless research about the matter of mental illnesses.

"Dissociative Identity Disorder happens when the person is faced with a trauma and the body's mechanism forces the brain to create a new identity to deal with that trauma for both of them. It's a defence mechanism whose main goal is to protect the mental stability of the person. It would be strange for an Identity to danger their own original identity."

"Can Google help?" Nova sweatdropped when he realized this was going nowhere. None of them are doctors and Dr. Micah is still in the emergency room. They couldn't call a doctor from the hospital. The previous event proved that it wouldn't be a smart thing to do.

Quora's digest does help, as some of the people interacting are real doctors themselves and it wouldn't hurt to look it up there. But seriously, when they did attempt on finding answers on the Internet, some said A, and the rest said B. So in the end, which one is true? Do they need to look up psychology studies textbooks?

"Majority of the websites says yes, it does not betray the host personality." Shintarou stated.

"However, more than half the people who disagree with that idea claimed to be doctors and experts." Rong Yu sighed.

Everyone pinched the bridge of their noses with a sigh of defeat. There would be a day, they thought, where there exist a web browser that does not legalize public websites to be published without being approved by law first.

"So now we have to wait for Dr Micah first, huh..." Evan cracked his neck and stretched around. "Well then, I'll be needing you Chinese to stay here for translation purposes. The rest of you may return. We don't know when Shao Long would be out of the room, and I'm not going to have my students tire themselves doing nothing. Off to the Academy, you lot."

It was currently just 7.00 pm. The sky had started to darken. True enough, most of them were already drowsy from today's discussion. Not to mention their belated dinner.

"We'll order some takeaway first, though." Alex voiced out. "It's too late to be cooking dinner now. And the area is full of restaurants."

"Sure." Evan instantly replied, but then was suddenly left pondering. "On second thought. It's too dangerous, both inside and outside the hospital at the moment. The Academy might be safer for now. I'll call the cafeteria to prepare your meals."

"Oh. Uh, okay!" Alex blurted out when he realized his mistake. Of course it wasn't safe outside anymore, especially since they're close friends (?) with Shao Long. "If that's the case, then we'd be going now. When Dr. Micah is out later, give us a call to update us."