Chapter 52 - Feverish Nightmare

Sorry it's been so long since I've last updated. Like I said, I'm still stuck. And no, I have plenty of ideas for the future but to fill the tiny spaces between the large plots is going to take up some time to plan.

🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙

No matter how lively you are, when in a state of fever, you will simple feel tired. Talk for more than one hour, your throat will sore. Sit up longer than necessary, you will feel extremely dizzy when you stand. So like it or lump it, Shao Long, who had been actively trying to be friends with Charles, fell in a state of nausea. Before he could say anything, his eyes drooped, unable to open properly. His neck wasn't able to support his head that was now feeling heavier each second.

Noticing the exhaustion in him, Charles revealed a warm smile "You should rest first".

"You too" Shao Long said without thinking and instantly tucked himself into the blanket, face flushed and eyes closed.

For a moment there, Charles was stunned. Was this person expecting him to sleep with him? Charles imagined what would happen of Shao Jun was to ever find them in one bed. Not a very good desicion it seems.... One can only expect him to turn the world upside down, if he could.

Careful not to disturb the resting youth beside him, Charles got off the bed and instead, sat on the chair by the bedside, staring as the other person dozes off into dreamland.

But then he found it quite interesting. Even the position of his sleep is like a dead person. Still. Empty. As if he was disciplined to the very utmost. Arms by the side, and expression no less than a dying man. What kind of training had Shao Long faced to sleep in such manner? Charles refused to know about it. He could hardly imagine.

With his chin propped on his knuckles, Charles stared at the sleeping youth, seemingly in deep thoughts.

He wondered what could possibly be in that mind of his. Was it hatred? Love? Happiness? Safety?

Whatever it is, Charles found it beautiful.

He began thinking how things first started. Shao Long into a fight. He never knew why he even started fighting that day, actually. Some say that someone insulted Shao Long's family, not a rare occasion. Then, he framed Shao Long for punching his nose, and he got more than suspension. He moved from America to China. If his guesses are correct, since that day, Shao Long was abused. Xueyang said that it started the day they got back to China. Then, for who knows what reason, Shao Long was said to be bullied, and Nubis helped him. With his help, Shao Long was able to enter Momos Academy. Right after that, the viral case and the monopoly.

After the game case, Shao Long returned to China. Xi Shen Ko was probably furious about it and punished him severely. At that same time, Shao Jun's heart worsened due to the thought of his brother being half dead. Then the surgery happened. Knowing that he'll die sooner or later, Shao Long and Shao Jun worked together on a company, one that will be Shao Jun's livelihood after Shao Long's death and he'd move out the mansion, depending on his own.

Right after he returned to Momos Academy, Shao Jun followed him, and Xi Shen Ko gave them the case about Mo Ye Corporate. With Principle Evan's help, he was able to handle it smoothly. But as a return, Shao Long had to tell Principle Evan all about himself. Then, Shao Long's mother died. The reason they couldn't return to China was because Xi Shen Ko wouldn't let them.

Then during their shopping trip, Charles attacked Rong Yu, probably causing Xi Shen Ko to be furious. So when he went missing at the mall, it was actually him being punished by Xi Shen Ko, right inside the mall. How absurd!

So the reason Shao Long entered the forest in the early of autumn, dazed was because he was in a mental trauma. At his weakest moment, Nubis attacked.