Chapter 98: Entrance

Rereading the previous chapter reminds me not to write at 3 am cuz that's the Satanic hour when people start thinking things a little too strangely.

I miss food emojis so-

🍞🫓🥐🥖🥯🧇🥞🍳🥚🧀🥓🥩🍗🍖🍔🌭🥪🥨🍟🍕🫔🌮🌯🧆🧆🍝🍝🥫🫕🥣🥗🍲🍛🍜🦪🦞🍣🍤🥡🥮🍱🥟🍢🍙🍘🍥🍮🍰🥧🍦🍨🍧🥮🥠🍡🎂🧁🍭🍫🍫🍪🍪🍯🧂🧈🍿🧊🍷🥃🍻
No I'm not hungry. Food's just ✨pretty✨.

Shao Jun was a few steps outside the hospital, fully knowing the dangers of being alone without anyone accompanying him, especially since it seemed that Xi Shen Ko could care more about a harmless ant on a tar track than Shao Jun's life at the moment.

Satan just tried to shoot him in the restroom a few days ago so there's no doubting anymore.

And to be fairly honest with himself, Shao Jun hesitated multiple times about setting one foot outside the hospital. Multiple times his feet felt chained to prison balls as he dragged himself step by step. Multiple times too, he simply wanted to run back to Xueyang and tell him he's sorry.

And yet here he was, standing in the middle of the street under the dusky autumn sky. Winter was truly nearing. Each breeze that pressed on his skin ( not that much were exposed in the first place ) sent him to a silent shiver. The trees were all nearly dead. What was left on the twigs and branches were but yellowed leaves that barely clung to their ends.

Shao Jun exhaled a shaky breath. He brought a hand to his face, running his fingers over the curves of his eyes and nose. Instantly taking note of the damp trail of tears, Shao Jun wiped them clean before anyone could notice. His effort was partially futile, since his eyes were already rimmed red and appeared smaller than they already were. Not to mention the edges of his lips that curled downward, a stark contrast to Shao Long.

He released another shaky breath.

What happened back there? Why did Shao Long collapse? What went wrong? Did his heart stop? Is Shao Long.....even alive at this point?

Slap!

"What the hell, Shao Jun!" He cursed himself. An insolent thought like that, he even dared to even think about it during such a time? Naturally he had to be alive still. They were so close.

What went wrong?!

Shao Jun paced around the entrance of the hospital, raking his fingers through his braid, undoing every strand and even pulling on his fringes. His eyes were pressed shut as he processed the incident that happened lesser than 10 minutes ago, but no matter how much his squeezed his brain, he couldn't come up with a single clue as to why.

Was it because he wasn't as smart as Shao Long? Or was it because the fact that he was panicking? Or the constant lump in his throat that couldn't even decide if it was feeling nauseous or plain dry?

When he really couldn't think anymore, he began noticing the little details about himself. He was shivering, because he was sweating so much even though it's already cold outside. There were trickles of sweat framing his cheeks, and soaking his back. The tips of his fingers and even his knees felt numb. Weak. Boneless even. His skin had became pale too. That's not right, after the heart transfer two and a half months his skin had become relatively pinker and...well....livelier. Now it just looked the same as the previous 15 hears of his life. This wasn't right.

He noticed something else too. His heart. Bringing a palm to his chest, he could feel the light but violent pounding against his skin. Before the heart transplant, this kind of heartbeat, he never had to experience it before. Not until he first healed from the surgery and was allowed to finally run. His heart beat fast after those runs, but never this frighteningly painful.