Chapter 109 : Pavlov

Something was clearly very wrong with Charles, almost everyone could sense it. Aside from the obvious stiff stature and being a little more jumpy than usual, the demonic blonde had seemed to have lost his imagery demon horns and wings and spiked tail. Instead of the charismatic son of the President of America, there was only a blank-faced degenerate. 

To be fairly honest, Alex, Albert, Ciel, Felix and Leon could not determine whether or not this change in nature was good for their current situation. On one hand, they certainly do need Charles to be functioning as he was one of their backbones in their plan. On the contrary, Charles looking like a girl who has just received a flower from her crush, with his attention in lalaland, and face flushed redder than Shao Long's shirt, might be the signs that one of the two had initiated the next step of their relationship, and the other had responded quite well. 

It was a good thing that Charles' roles had mostly consisted of planning while the rest of them would fill in that plan of his. For example, Nova was teaching Shintarou on how to stay in control once they gain access to the satellites, and Ciel had been handling the search for the heart. There wasn't much Charles could do now with everything almost prepared, so they didn't try to snap him out of his fantasy. 

It was only a few hours then when Albert particularly noticed that Charles kept....touching his right eyelid, and more often than not, all those times of touching the said eyelid, his cheeks automatically bleached for a full 2 seconds before turning several shades redder than what Albert had sometimes saw before. 

It was sickeningly sweet that Albert could already guess what exactly happened  at the hospital that Charles wasn't telling them. Hence, with a sigh, the brunet stared at the lost blond a few more minutes before exclaiming, purposely using several decibels higher for others to hear "He kissed you didn't he?" 

It seems to have hit a land mine in Charles' head. The second those words left his lips, Charles, who had remained frozen on his spot for the past hour finally twitched into life. His neck slowly stretched to Albert, with slowly widening eyes, and bleached face. In fact, every head turned towards them, and that included Gion, Livio and Shintarou. No one said anything, only taking in the look of shock that was a rare sight on Charles. 

It took a while,  before Ciel finally broke the silence. "You mean Shao Long kissed Charles?" the French prince directed his gaze to the center of attention once again, now eyeing the symptoms that Albert had noticed. When he saw that Charles specifically twitched his his right eyelid, he felt his soul sucked out of his body. "Mon Ami, don't tell me the reason you've become a living doll is because darling Shao Long placed a kiss on your eyelid...?" 

As if on cue, Charles immediately slapped his right eye, and looked away, muttering something under his breath. 

"What's that?" Alex asked with a nervous chuckle. 

Ever so slowly, Charles looked back at them with an expression of horror. 

"It must be preserved." 

Before anyone could say anything, the overgrown child took off running away from the MPP meeting room, leaving behind gaping jaws of the princes inside. 

"WE MUST NOT LET HIM ESCAPE. GET HIM GUYS!" 

Sometimes they forgot they were royalties, it just happens.

.

.

.

"— Is what he said."