Chapter 117: Control

A'ight let's get this over with people. 

Writing may be scratchy and weird-sounding since I'm out of practice, but uhh it'll get better? I guess??

____________________________________

For a second there, Micah forgot what his plan even was. For sure, it had something to do with fighting, but where, how, for what exactly, had totally slipped his mind. How could it not? Seriously, how could it not? Micah had seen real war before, had seen people getting hurt from bombs, shots and sickness, so this shouldn't be too weird to him. However, terrorism in Palestine and terrorism in Momosu Hospital have very different concepts. For one, Palestine didn't have psychopathic geniuses with split personality disorder, or a family drama, or a couple of princes along the way. Palestine didn't have Shao Long or Anubis, or Charles, all three of which probably had zero regard for personal safety. 

Because what the fuck was Micah supposed to think when he saw Anubis barging into the hospital with a laugh not unlike that of a demon with what looked like a gun in hand and started shooting some of guards that hadn't shed their uniforms. It turned out to be some sort of bean bag gun, it's got to be since there was hardly any blood on the blood, but then the sound of the gun and the impact itself on skin looked just as painful as a real gun. Micah had no idea how Anubis even knew who to attack or if he had simply chose to attack anyone on sight, not just the manipulated guards. It was hard to tell which was which, since the rate of guards dropping to the floor was severely concerning. 

And then there was Charles, the demon in human skin, who somehow managed to not get shot during the whole time as he made his way to the main stairs that would lead to the floor where Shao Long was staying. Admittedly, Micah knew that Charles was far from normal, but there was a certain limit to how scary a teenager should be, and being able to dodge bullets like that certainly was far beyond that limitation, but who was he to judge? While Charles maintained a panicked look on his face, there was no denying hoe swiftly he managed to get past literally everyone without being armed in the slightest. 

So yeah, Micah had every right to forget his initial plan, and it took him five embarrassing minutes to figure out what to do with the current situation. Right. He was supposed to secure several doctors and nurses involved with the upcoming surgery, since most of them were sadly defenseless. With a grunt, Micah came out from the pillar he was hiding behind and made to use the second walkie talkie, when a scratching sound came from the first one, which he had yet to discard. 

"Bzzz Bzzz. Hey Micah, you done freaking out?" 

At first, Micah believed it was Shao Long sounding smug about being the hidden menace that he was, but thinking over his facts, he sighed. "Shut up, Shao Jun. Where the hell are you? Is Xueyang there? And what the hell is up with the walkie talkie thing?!" He hissed at the end as he swooped through the empty hallways leading to the surgery room he had reserved. 

"He's right hereeee." Shao Jun groaned. "We're at the medicine bay, or something. Gege told us to wait here for something, I don't know what. You should know by now that no guards are using the first walkie talkie anymore, opting instead for the second one. The first line is hence the most secure, and this is where we will be talking through. Smart, isn't it? I did hehehe."

"Just because you're the one who hijacked several walkie talkies, doesn't mean that you're the brains behind it." Somewhat muffled, Xueyang's voice could be heard through the walkie talkie. Micah resisted the urge to scoff, knowing for a fact that it was most likely Shao Long who came up with that, and that Xueyang had made sure that the first type of walkie talkie was thoroughly secure from any risk of hacking.