Chapter 45 - Just Because I'm Abused, Doesn't Mean I Can't Be Happy

Just because I'm abused, doesn't mean I can't be happy.

Shao Long had this exact logic living inside him. He was optimistic. Maybe that was why despite all he's been through, Shao Long wasn't in the state people call depressed. He was still able to smile and laugh and find happiness. Just because he was abused, doesn't mean he shouldn't smile, right?

Besides, with the way his life is, smiling is one way to make up for it, right?

He has always been smiling. At times, it actually seems fun and refreshing. In certain times, it felt like a burden. But he realized long ago that no matter how sad you are, if you smile, you'd still feel the slightest bit of happiness eventually. Still, it was better than living in gloom all his life, right?

If that logic doesn't apply to the rest, Shao Long didn't mind. After all, humans are weird...

That was why when he blinked his eyes open that day, finding himself in Shao Jun's room, with a crowd of people around him, looking genuinely concerned, and Shao Jun being the first person he saw, all he did was crack an innocent grin, leaving the rest of them speechless.

Pang!

Shao Jun delivered a slap right on his left cheek, surprising them yet again.

However, Shao Long went from grinning like an idiot to bursting into a fit of laughter like a maniac. The princes, Evan and Godfreg dropped their jaws to the ground. Something is wrong with this pair of twins, they can feel it......

A/N: Lately I'm obsessed with anime expression and couldn't help download lots of them....

"Hahahaaha!" Shao Long continued to laugh as Shao Jun scolded him in Mandarin with his usual long speeches that resembled a rap

"Hahahaaha!" Shao Long continued to laugh as Shao Jun scolded him in Mandarin with his usual long speeches that resembled a rap. Xueyang at the side would glare at said Shao Long and nod a few times without saying a word.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry!" Shao Long said between his laughter, rubbing away the tear on the corner of his eye.

"Sorry? Sorry?! That's all you have to say? Sorry for what?!"

"For not telling you, wandering on my own, went into the forest and made you worry. Is that enough?"

"No it's not. Be mindful that you caused Principle Evan, Sir Godfreg, Leon, Felix, Gion, Livio, Xueyang and Charles to stay awake and search the whole forest for you and risk endangering themselves at the same time. What do you have to say for that?!"

Shao Long stayed silent for a moment, seemingly in disbelief. "..... What?"

"By midnight, Xueyang said you were gone and couldn't be found in the whole school ground. Godfreg was the last person to see you entering the forest and still hadn't returned, so I made a small search party consisting of the said people just now, except Godfreg who stayed awake here to keep an eye on the rest who didn't follow" Principle Evan answered.