Chapter 97 : Shut Up

Rereading this story is so full of stupid emotional outbursts and uncertainties, God....

I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATTEMPTED SHAO JUN X GION LIKE WTF ARGH.

Anyway, here's a fanart I forgot to include a while ago 👆.

Happy day y'all!
______________________________________

"OUT, EVERYONE OUT NOW!!" Micah yelled at the top of his lungs as the rest of the people logged inside gawked upon the sight of the collapsed Shao Long. With a deathly grip, the boy had clutched on his chest like his life depended on it, groaning a barely audible groan. Shao Jun was just by his feet, fingers trembling and a mess of unformed sentences. Charles was quick to dash over, scooping Shao Long in his arms to lift him onto the bed and laid him down as the people began scrambling out of the room.

"Call Rose, she should be outside!" Micah managed to shout before the last of them leave. He was unlocked the lock pin of the bed's wheels, getting ready to transfer Shao Long somewhere else. One hand slipped to press the emergency button, signalling a few more doctors to gather. The doctor looked calm enough. He should be calm. He was trained for this after all.

Shao Jun trembled along the way outside the room, hesitating about what he should do – leave or stay. He looked back at his twin brother, face pale as sheet.

Shao Long looked so hurt. So pained.

That was Shao Jun 2 months ago, when he was rushed for a heart transfer right away. The same face.

Snapping his head away, Shao Jun forced himself to take steps, dragging himself outside when his whole body seemed to freeze from both fear and dread. What had he done? His heart was inside Shao Long, his heart was killing his own brother, the brother who had taken care of him since. If he died that day, they wouldn't have to switch something as important as a FUCKING heart. He would've saved the both of them troubl–

Xueyang yanked him out of the room, and Shao Jun unconsciously stiffened, breath hitched. His eyes had been red, and he didn't know what expression did he have on his face at the moment, but he could tell that it was unsightly. From the outside, few other doctors in blue uniforms rushed into the room, darting past them without giving as much as a glance. Seconds later, they saw the bed being wheeled through the door with Micah leading the group of doctors towards the emergency room.

When the double doors closed with a slam, Shao Jun swallowed hard. He hadn't realized his lips were trembling. Or that his whole body is trembling. Or that he looked as if he had just seen a ghost. Or the involuntary self-embrace in an attempt to make himself appear smaller. Until Xueyang grabbed both his cheeks, forcing him to look him in the eyes. Shao Jun saw the usual serious expression on Xueyang's face, laced with the subtle traces of concern and mild fear. "What?" He snarled, a little harsher than he intended as he tried to swipe the hands away from his face, but Xueyang didn't budge. Not even when Shao Jun was so close to breaking down and straight up spurting tears like a fountain.

"I can hear you thinking from a mile away, stop it. Stupid." Xueyang hissed the last word. In Mandarin.

"You don't know what I'm thinking."

"Oh yeah? Wanna bet? And let all of the hear what you're thinking? I know you, Shao Jun, I've been with you since you could barely read. I know you're angry at yourself because your hea – ."

Shao Jun immediately clasped his palm over the man's mouth, hard because Xueyang was glaring at him, daring him to continue. He was mad, so mad at him. And dare Shao Jun say, he was afraid.

"Shut up! You don't know what you're talking about!" Shao Jun shook his head, eyes pressed closed as he struggled to release himself from Xueyang's grasp. Xueyang doesn't budge, only holding him in place with a firm grip, not letting go. Shao Jun refused to open his eyes. Xueyang can be scary when he wants to be, but obviously he would never hurt him. It was just this. Xueyang was the only person who could squeeze the truth from his lips, and he didn't want to find himself giving in to his persistent push.