Chapter 83: The Nervous Nurse

God this is killing me....

Come to me, motivation. I am in dire need of you.

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

Shao Jun and Xueyang had long finished their meals and were currently playing cards at one corner of the room. Shao Long had refused to join earlier on. Xueyang had bought him dumpling soup and until now, he still had yet to finish. His mind had long drifted away from the bowl in front of him, mindlessly stirring until the soup had turned slightly cold.

Xueyang noticed that his young master was too dazed to be put to words, glanced at the ECG beside the table. Seeing that the lines were steadily moving with no abnormalities whatsoever, he inwardly breathed out sigh of relief.

"Full house, b*itch!" Shao Jun laughed like the king he is as he slammed his set of cards on the table, wearing a smug look.

Xueyang stared at the expression he was making, silently wondering why he even bothered to play with this kiddo. Sighing, he set down his own set, revealing.....

A straight flush.

Shao Jun moon-eyed the set that was placed just in front of his own set in disbelief and gasped "That's not possible!"

"In what way is it not possible, halfwit" Xueyang rolled his eyes, picking up the cards back again to get ready for another round.

"That's it! I'm not playing with you anymore! Gege! When are you going to finish that and play with me?" Shao Jun groaned, frustrated upon his 6th loss of the hour.

"Mm? Oh yea. How long has it been?" Shao Long raised his head, and gave a guilty chuckle.

"An hour straight."

Shao Long pursed his lips for a moment, frowning "....It's been an hour and they're still not back."

Xueyang and Shao Jun both had noticed the seemingly restless Shao Long and looked at each other in question. In the end, it was Xueyang who spoke first "If you're wondering about Principle Evan and the rest, they went to the Academy."

"What for?" Shao Long looked genuinely surprised when he heard this.

"Who knows." Xueyang snorted.

Shao Long stirred his soup a bit more before downing everything in one gulp. The corner of his lips twitched the longer he thought about it. Quite surprisingly, he felt a little uneasy with them being away from the hospital. Unlike inside this building, they weren't protected by guards outside. And Xi Shen Ko himself could be anywhere at the moment.

Right now, the safest place was the hospital....

Shao Long put aside the bowl and ambled towards the computer on Dr Micah's desk. He still had a few suspicions on a number of things, and only few of them could only be  resolved by himself.

One of them was the matter about the surveillance camera.

It was said that the surveillance cameras were altered by the nurse Rose Willow. For a person with absolutely no computational programming history to alter this first-class surveillance camera was unthinkable. On the contrary, Rose Willow, throughout her whole life, was only superb in medical studies. It couldn't have been her.

Shao Jun originally wanted to whine for him brother to play cards with him. However, as his brother sat on the doctor's desk and skimmed through the documents on the table, his tongue rolled back behind his teeth.