Chapter 79: No Regrets

A/N: Man, it's already Chapter 79, and it still hadn't finished middle climax yet..... I'll definitely work hard to finish this motherf**ker in time or I shall regret it.

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

Charles carefully tucked away the strands of hair behind Shao Long's ears. He hadn't known exactly why, but the youth sleeping before him right now on the hospital bed had immediately became drowsy and fell asleep in his embrace. Looking at his face now, Charles could finally see some colours retaining on Shao Long's cheeks, appearing flushed and.....well....alive.

Alive and well, these two conditions were enough for Charles to breathe out a sigh of relief.

It was currently half an hour before midnight. He had already packed a few things for the trip tomorrow, not sure how long it would take them to complete the task. But just in case, ge brought a few sets of clothes. However, if he could, he would most likely return as fast as possible, fearing that something would happen in the hospital and he wouldn't be there to protect Shao Long.

Unfortunately, the task must be done. The girls in Poposi, unlike the boys in Momos, were mostly defenceless. And although the crime rate in Poposi and Momos does not differ much, it didn't change the fact that Poposi is much safer to do criminal work.

He had just received news about two things today. One, there was a possibility that Xi Shen Ko had a base. From his calculations, he had suspected that the base was not on Momos, but on Poposi. That wasn't impossible.

Second, he found out that some nurse had been trying to kill Shao Long. Of course, no one would let that happen. Hence, in order to not cause any ruckus that would alert Xi Shen Ko, they still kept the nurse, but had several guards follow all ger footsteps.

For the time being, there was no suspicious activity. The medicine was also not sent by her anymore. It could ve she already figured it out.

"You say Poposi is dangerous, but the way I see it, there was never a safe place for you in this world..." Charles sighed.

"Shao Long, a dew days ago I contacted someone. My father helped me get his contact. He agreed to help us. He's really powerful, you know. If he succeeds, then we won't have to worry about authority. Shintarou will also help with that...." he continued to mumble, despite the person lying still in front of him wasn't at all listening.

"I'm not sure if you know this already or not, but...." Charles sighed once again ".....I'm sorry.....I was such an asshole.....I guess if I hadn't framed you that day, would this still happen?"

Shao Long did not move in his sleep, oblivious of the person talking to him. He looked calm and relaxed, his eyes had looked tired, his hair wasn't braided. Every strand had spread across the pillow, some of which were shining from the table lamp. Tucked in the blanket, Shao Long looked like a lazy cat sleeping under the sun. The kind of sleep that would make you feel bad to wake him up.

Charles sighed once again.

"But you know what I'm most sorry about....?"

Silence. Obviously.

"I don't even feel regret. Because if that hadn't happened, would we still end up like this today?

If I hadn't framed you back then, would destiny still lead us to each other?

Would we still have met?"

Shao Long's eyelashes flickered silently, only Charles did not notice.