Chapter 116: Entering Battle

The explosion wasn't supposed to surprise him as it did now. He had prepared himself for it for a large amount of time, had kept the note in his head that an explosion was coming his way. The whole night, actually, he had already asked Micah for advice on how to handle the surprise, and the doctor had specifically told him to expect it to happen every second. Shao Long knew the bomb wasn't meant to hurt him or Shao Jun or anyone important to this war, but the fear spiked up his adrenaline dose all the same. Now his heart rate had elevated by a nasty amount. 

Shao Long brought a hand to his chest, rubbing the aching spot where his pacemaker was implanted. It was small, much smaller than the ones he had ever seen. Shao Long learned some day ago that this was the smallest of its kind, meant to give the patient the best of comfort they could have. It was a comforting fact enough, but the fact that it was still very much there made Shao Long still uneasy. Now accompanied by the foregoing war a few floors below him, it was starting to get irritating. 

The bomb had rattled the whole building, much to Shao Long's resignation. And maybe a little too quick. He didn't know what pace Zhen Yangyang changed the plane into, but he did know it wasn't slower or to a pace that was too dangerous for a plane to fly. So it could've been the top speed yet, if he thought back to the group of elite crew that flew the aircraft. They were able to do it, and around this time, the missile should've already hit the sea. God knows what was happening in the outside world. They didn't have any access to such information after all. How far it all expanded though, was debatable. Xi Shen Ko couldn't limit the internet connection of the whole globe even if he wanted to. Or if he did want it, he would've taken days, excluding the ones he would have to hide from the UN. 

But anyway, everything was progressing a lot more faster than he originally thought it would. To others, they might've panicked. Like, really panicked, because time alteration was a fucking nightmare. But Shao Long would wish not to have a panic attack during this time of his miserable life, because he still needed to kick some asses, one of them included Charles. Don't get him wrong, the golden retriever was painfully adorable and sweet and charming, but he could be an ass when he wasn't even trying. Like when he delayed his presence at the hospital. 

God bless everything nice, Charles was supposed to be here before the explosion happens. Now the only thing keeping Shao Long away from a panic attack right now was because he actually had  few more plans up his sleeve....

Okay, that was actually a lie. But only because he.....knew it was going to go south? And so he had prepared more plans than usual for that possibility? 

Well, he did decipher that journal. You'd guess that he has at least half of the Xi Shen Ko's style of thinking. And from what Shao Long had realized, Xi Shen Ko liked to attack a little too early, like two days before a supposed appointment. Now was relatively better than the worst Xi Shen Ko had done. And that's saying something. 

Shao Long didn't really blink when the commotion outside grew more and more concerning, or at the very least, not until the door swung open with the sound of harsh, ragged breath filled in the room. Before Shao Long could make out the face of the uninvited guest, the door was slammed shut, and within another blink, Dr. Micah was near agitation as he yanked his drawers open. Shao Long took a few seconds to study the appearance of his doctor as he sipped from his mug. The doctor had his coat sliding off his shoulder, with a few more rough movements before it was completely torn away from his torso. Shao Long hadn't expected a gun harness clutching on the man's chest until the saw it. Micah's hands fumbled with a box he had taken out, revealing a set of guns.