Chapter 68: We're Here For You

A/N: Please read at a slow pace.

*****

"He's in Momos..."

Sheer silence.

Not sheer tranquility, nor serenity. It just the kind of silence that hid a storm, because right at this moment, everyone was well aware of an illusory lighting striking down their hearts like a nightmare.

How could they not noticed this earlier?

When Shao Long heard this, he didn't react instantly. He was only left with a stunned expression for a brief 5 second before he lowered his head, gaze on his knees.

Subconsciously, he grabbed onto the two closest things to him, namely Shao Jun's and Xueyang's hands. Since the two were sandwiching him in between, they could both feel Shao Long's cold palms slide over their own and gave a tight grip.

At first, it was okay, until Shao Long started mumbling "He's just on a vacation...he's just on a vacation...he's just on a vacation...he's.....vacation.... vacation.......it's nothing....it's nothing".

These mumbles were relatively quiet, that even Xueyang couldn't hear him. But just by looking at him, anyone could tell that he was not at all okay. By then, all eyes fell on him, some with concern, some with guilty. Some of them tried to say something.

And Shao Long did notice this. Feeling eyes darting towards him, Shao Long's heart raced faster and faster. His breathing became short, heavy and hitched.

It was evident that his eyes were slowly turning red.

And for Shao Jun and Xueyang, they could both feel the hand that was gripping their own was clenched so tightly as if Shao Long had wanted to dislocate their fingers.

Xueyang immediately frowned, then said with a stern voice "Eyes away, he's having a panic attack".

They all understood what had happened and knew better than to get closer. Turning away from the shaking body, they each had a look on their faces that screamed concern.

Apparently, hearing this, Shao Long grew even more anxious. Blood pounded in her ears, leading the surrounding earshot to be highly dilated.

He saw that Xueyang was turning to him, eyes looking soft and calm, his lips moving as if voicing something, but Shao Long couldn't focus on what was being said. He felt his Xueyang return his grip, just as tight, but he couldn't feel much. From his vision, the room danced in circular movements. By then, Shao Long didn't know where the floor was tilted or his head was.

What struck his mind was the laughing voice that haunted him every single night of his childhood, the sound of laughter he knew better than most. He didn't even need to see the owner to tell who it was. A shiver swept down his spine, from the back of his collar bone to his hips, shaking every inch of his body. The edges of his fingers and toes felt prickly and numb. This sudden shiver made his limbs feel helpless.

"I'm watching you, I'm watching you, I'm watching you..."

He felt Shao Jun entering his line of sight, his expression showing slight panic that he tried to hide, but failed. Shao Jun was saying something, but he couldn't.....couldn't hear.

From inside his mind, a pair of eyes watched him, full of scorn and sneer. It was Xi Shen Ko's eyes. Shao Long could feel him say, voice ringing deep "....I'm watching you...".

The sense of dread was overwhelmingly horrifying...

In that moment, Shao Long decided that he couldn't take anymore of his anxiety, and brought both the hands in his palm to his watery red eyes, heaved a heavy breath, then roughly stood up, pushing both Xueyang and Shao Jun away.