Chapter 111: Preparations

Evan and Micah knew who the split residing in Xi Shen Ko's body was, or more specifically what type of identity his mind formed, how it manifested and what effect does it do to him. The split was, of course, the woman that seemed to have a deep relationship with the host identity. Now usually when two identities have this kind of deep relationship, it meant that the identity was based on a real life person that lived in his mind. This could happen, usually due to a sense of longing or a sense of comfort knowing that the other person was there with them. 

The human mind had always been complicated and Shao Long could only be ever so thankful that he was Xi Shen Ko's son, despite having to suffer through long years, because if he wasn't, he might not be able to comprehend that man's thoughts at all, causing the journal to mean nothing. In fact, it was exactly because he was his son that he share the same kind of complex brain cell to figure his way through what was going to happen during the war. 

Thankfully though, Shao Long didn't have the misfortune of having a split like his father, or else who knows what Xi Shen Ko would've done with it. 

But anyway, Shao Long had been more fascinated by how the female split was manifested. For a person to shape an identity that's not even close to theirs, knowing what they would and wouldn't do, exacting those would-do's, all the while ignoring the host's own thoughs, Xi Shen Ko's mind was definitely a different breed. 

He wondered too, what he was able to do with his own mind given the chance. Would he be able to start a war like Xi Shen Ko did? That would've been both cool and uncool, so Shao Long dropped the thought. 

"From what I see, you tend to be high during fevers." Dr. Micah stated when he saw that Shao Long was not at all focusing during their routine checkup. "Your mind flies to odd thoughts and sometimes not even a leash could hold you back." 

"One thing that you can never leash will always be this." Shao Long grinned while pointing his index to his temple. "That's the only place where you can travel whilst still being at the same spot." 

"It's true that imagination is good for a person, but have you ever heard that thinking too much drives you mad?" Micah sighed for the hundredth time that week. 

"Travelling too much isn't always great either. You risk a lot of things, including losing yourself to the outside." 

"And I will do that, I will travel once this is over. That 200 dollar bet still stands." 

"Hehe, be prepared to lose then." 

"Not a chance." 

Shao Long turned to stare out the window after a while as Micah went to write out his checkup report. His fever still hadn't completely gone down yet, with the only thing keeping him sober and sitting on the bed right now was the ache down his spine no thanks to the long hours of lying in bed doing particularly nothing. It wasn't that he couldn't do anything, just that Micah specifically told him to rest. He couldn't even listen to music at this point, Evan took it away from him for who knows what reason. 

But Micah had been studying these days, as well as Evan. Psychology, Shao Long thought, was a complicated subject. God knows what they read, but ever since he first developed the fever, Shao Long had noticed plenty of changes around the hospital. It was almost deserted, with the remaining of patients had only been those without a family or the likes. The layouts of the hospital has also been changed. There were no posters, no information boards, no signs, no nothing. The counters were cleared away from any files and papers, stored away from the surface.

There in his room though, were the things that brought little to no meaning when he thought long and hard. The chairs were arranged in a very normal way, the round table or the coffee table, or the sofa, all were arranged like any boring waiting room would look like, it's hard to tell that the room was used for a discussion beforehand.