Chapter 11 - The Game

Charles might or might have not focused in class. Before he knew it, it was already lunchtime, and a total of five subjects had passed by. He stared at his blank notebook pages and sigh. The other princes had gotten up to get to the cafeteria, and Charles followed them from behind. On thair way, Charles asked to borrow Alex's notes for today, saying that he couldn't exactly catch up. It didn't intrigue Alex, thankfully. Ciel and Felix would sometimes borrow his notes, and in some rarer case, Charles and Albert. Leon was an exceptional though. Sometimes, even Alex himself would borrow his notes. Leon is, in fact, smart.

Charles' mind was fixed in the pair of twins in his class. Part of him said that the Chinese homewrecker doubled........

......while another part of him was curious. How come Shao Jun was enrolled? Why would Principle Evan let him?

He had suspected that within the two months he was back in China, something bad happened to either of them. Come to think of it, Shao Long was totally being strange. It would make more sense to say that the cheerful Shao Jun is actually Shao Long, and the moody Shao Long was actually Shao Jun. In any case, his eyes were still trained on the chinese youth he had known since a decade ago.

'That guy is smart, no doubt........but how come it's wasted on useless attempts to revenge? Surely, the wise ignore, even if they don't forgive. Or could it be THAT bad that he couldn't let it go? For god's sake, that was 10 years ago. He should've found himself a life, so everyone could be happy.

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Charles turned around to see the said chinese enemy of his, staring at him with a smile.

........Shao Jun?

.......or Shao Long?

But considering how Shao Long didn't smile for a whole day made it obvious that this cheeky person is Shao Jun.

"Can I help you?" Charles sweatdropped as he stared at the smiling dork. The princes had also stopped and turned to him. It was rather a sight to see Shao Long, or maybe Shao Jun, talking to his sworn enemy Charles.

"You're Charles, the son of the president of America, right?" he cheerfully asked.

"Uhhh......yeah?"

It was impossible for him not to know who he was, especially if his brother hates Charles with a seething passion. Well, it kinda is his fault anyway.

"Really?! Shao Long talks about you a lot. There hasn't been a day when I haven't seen him curse your name for the past decade!"

".......... I am......honoured?" Charles really didn't know how to react.

"Hein! Is that how you respond to an insult, Charles?!" Ciel butted in.

"I was joking!" Shao Jun laughed. "Of course Gege didn't curse your name everyday! He wasn't the type to curse. His worst word was kêwù, which means hateful or repulsive of some sort. Well he didn't do it everyday. It increased just right after he enrolled here, and stopped just two months ago."

"Two months ago?"

"Actually.........one month, 26 days. Yup, that's it. And that's the longest span ever." Shao Jun answered with the same smile that was now getting more and more intimidating.

"..........so you're blaming me for his emotional state? Sorry, but honestly, I didn't do anything last time". It was true though. All he did was figure out his plan and told Gion about it. Shao Long's loss was purely out of his own fate and bad luck. Him telling Gion didn't make him lose. Although he did feel a little guilty, he didn't do much in the first place.

"True. Shao Long said that it wasn't wholly your fault, so I trust him" Shao Jun shrugged, unknowingly causing the princes to widen their eyes in shock.