Chapter 91: Death of Mr Davis and the Truth

I'll spoil you today, okay?

I'm listening to this btw as I was writing. Really gave the feeling of longing.....I love Akutagawa why does he have to turn into a vampire....

Sorry I just had the urge to share.

__________________________________

Xueyang had instantly stepped out the moment he heard the gunshot.

"Shao Jun!" He shouted as he darted towards the restroom on the opposite side. Hardly minding the fact that the suspicious Rose Willow was still in the medicine storeroom in between, Xueyang slammed the door open right up, only to be greeted by the sight of an empty restroom, with absolutely no shadow of anyone inside.

"Shao Jun?" he called out once more, feeling the fear climbing up his spine. Where was Shao Jun?

No answer.

"Tch." Clicking his tongue, Xueyang stepped inside the restroom, and opened the door to the first cubicle. It wasn't locked, and no one as inside.

He repeated this action to all the cubicles, all the while inspecting any changes inside the restroom. He raised his head towards the surveillance camera, realizing that it was badly damaged, most likely from the previous gunshot.

Frowning, Xueyang stayed on his guard. There was only one exit inside the restroom, and the moment the gunshot was heard, Xueyang was certain no one went out of the restroom he was in. That means, the perpetrator was still inside. If that person had a gun, Xueyang only had a small chance of winning against them.

The restroom barely had any space to hide in. With every crook and corner, it all led back to the main space. There were a dozen cubicle, and the same amount of urinals. None of which would be used as a hiding spot.

Unless of course...

Xueyang entered the last cubicle, focusing only on the tiled surface on the side, attached to the wall. This would've been the only way.

It was a gamble, but if the perpetrator had taken Shao Jun with him, he would've jumped off of plane to follow them to the edges of the earth before cutting the person into millions of pieces.

A secret passageway.

Using a knife, Xueyang tried to claw his way into the cracks, in order to find any form of entrance.

Once he did find one, he was surprised to say the least. But whatever, what was found is found and it would be his only lead. Xueyang pried open the crack, using the knife as a lever. He wondered how anyone would've gotten inside without hurting their fingers. Once his fingers could pass through, Xueyang pulled the tiled surface open,  surprised by what little sound was produced as he did so.

Inside, however, wasn't the one he had been expecting.

Shao Jun was standing still inside, his back clasped into the wall with his shoulders tens.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"...."

"...."

"YOU LIL PIECE OF SHIET, COME OUT RIGHT NOW!!"

"Confirmation checked, you're Xueyang!"

"Xueyang my ass! Who else would I be?!"

Shao Jun hopped out from the secret room that wasn't a secret anymore, pressing a finger on Xueyang's lips. "Shhh you're being loud."

"What happened here?" Xueyang asked, ignoring the previous gesture.

"Gunshot. Someone was inside." Shao Jun walked out of the restroom, followed closely from behind by Xueyang. "I guess he escaped."