Chapter 99: The Message

"While being horrendously cheeky, anyone would be able to tell just what kind of sweethearts the twins are." Xueyang admitted. 

"That I don't doubt. However, what still interests me is the level of violence both could resort to given the circumstances." Charles sighed. The twins are sweet people alright, everyone knows that, but that doesn't mean they're not deadly. Shao Jun for that matter, has more chances of resorting to violence these days. 

"Yeaa...." Xueyang groaned. "In the first place, Shao Jun still didn't know how to defend himself properly. He, for one, never had someone trying to strangle him to death."

"Your shin says otherwise though."

"Shut your trap, kid."

However, before the two could start a bickering session, a rush of people snapped them to their surrounding. Civilians, seemingly, rushed to the stairs, alarmed and hands shoved into their pockets. When brought out, they revealed guns. No one shouted. Not even when they saw those firearms. 

"It's Principal Evan's guards."

____________________________________________

Fucking coward. Shao Jun dreaded the day we was finally having someone this close to slicing his neck apart, and honestly he never thought the wave of adrenaline would block his mind from thinking clearly. A sniper from the distance, huh?

"You still have that paper, boy?" He could feel the man whispering the words into his ears from behind. It took everything in his will to stop himself from leaning over to chew his face off of him. The only thing stopping him being the position he is in. Right, the paper. The paper that was shoved into his pocket not too long ago. 

"...Yes." 

"Give that to your brother now. And don't worry, it won't kill him or anything. It's for his own good. Don't you dare keep it away from him as he is the only one who knows what the message would mean." 

The last time Shao Long was faced with something belonging to the enemy aka the godforsaken tablet, he was rushed to the emergency room. Shao Jun doubt a paper could put his brother into another cardiac arrest, but he's not going to trust it not to. 

"And if I don't?" 

"Oh you don't need to bother, boy. We are not with your father." 

That sentence caught him off guard. 

Not with Xi Shen Ko? Then whomst the fuck.

"if you're going to ask, then you're going to waste your breath. Now order these people to let me go if they don't want my buddy out there to shoot all of them. Apparently we have enough bullet for a couple more dozens of these guys." 

An enemy of an enemy is a friend. That is what Shao Long believed. Unfortunately, Gege's naivety sometimes got to him, endangering himself. That has been proven multiple times. An enemy of your enemy doesn't necessarily mean they're your friend, but beggars can't be choosers either. The one in the death position is him, and the one holding the knife is the other. So like it or not, Shao Jun had to surrender to his captor and spoke aloud. "Lower your weapons. Just let him go."  

"But Sir-!" 

"You heard him assholes, lower your weapons." Shao Jun could almost hear the smugness in his voice. Again, he doubt a friend would be so smug about killing him and having a couple dozens of his guards surrender and defenseless.

So with a sigh, Shao Jun whisked his free hand, saying "Drop it. He won't harm me." 

That wasn't 100% true.