Chapter 44 - War

This chapter will be a little short and I didn't edit this like at all so expect some imperfections, I'm hungry......

No seriously, I'm hungry but it's 1 am in the morning.....

🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲🍲

There were......a lot of unread messages, although it had only been sent since morning that day. But what caught Shao Jun's attention most was the argument above it. Right from where it started. It was......before Shao Long passed out.

Shao Jun saw the video sent by their father and played it. Shintarou and Godfreg both inched closer to take a look, only to see a traditional funeral as aforementioned by Xi Shen Ko.

As someone who had never truly loved by his mother, Shao Jun didn't feel as crushed as Shao Long when he saw this, but imagining how broken Shao Long would be reading all the messages sent by their father, Shao Jun couldn't help clutching his fists so tight it bled.

He read the messages.

'You killed her! You killed her, you sick bastard!'

'You only know now? Well that wasn't even the worse I had done. My secretary will send you a set of applicants for teh sponsors in a few minutes. Get them done by tomorrow or you'll regret it'.

The message was typed in English so naturally both Godfreg and Shintarou were able to read it completely.

Awfully confused, Shintarou glanced at Shao Jun with a questioning look. Shao Jun narrowed his eyes and scrolled downwards. The unread messages started early in the morning.

Xi Shen Ko knew.

About the doctor, about the wounds from his fall. About him telling Principle Evan everything, and about Rong Yu...

He knew everything!

'Daring as ever. But be mindful that if even this you tell others, I will make your death an accident. Rong Yu and I will return to China later. You'll make it up with him someday'.

That alone was enough for Shao Jun to figure out everything that happened at the mall. Godfreg and Shintarou might think of it as a normal conversation whatsoever, that even of it's a little weird, there wasn't harm within it.

However, the message conveyed was that Rong Yu had come with Xi Shen Ko to Momos Island. Somehow getting their exact location, Rong Yu met up with Shao Long in the mall. Then, Charles somehow snuck up on him and doodled on his face. And somehow, Xi Shen Ko knew about it fast enough for him to act on Shao Long at the very same time, in the very mall they were in.

That call with Shao Long at the mall, that must've been when Xi Shen Ko was there with him, hearing everything. At that time, the phone was constant, far away from the rest.

Surely, that would mean that Shao Long received another round of beating, and he didn't even get to tell him and Xueyang.....

Shao Jun closed his eyes and leaned back to the couch, chuckling.

How ironic.

He failed.

Failed to protect Shao Long despite having promised him before. That's right, he couldn't even do anything. He was a failure as gus brother, and nothing else could make him feel anymore useless in his whole life.

"Shao Jun, is something the matter?" Godfreg asled, concerned about this unexpected reaction. Shao Jun didn't answer, only rubbing his face and eyes, when all he was actually doing was rubbing away the tears that threatened to fall. Crying in front of them? How ridiculous. Shao Long wouldn't do that. He never did. Being his identical twin, that shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. And yet, one by one, drops of water fell.....