Chapter 108 : Trust

Shao Long never really told him everything. It wasn't him who told Charles about his past, not him who had told Charles about Rong Yu, or about their mother, or about Anubis. It wasn't Shao Long either who told him about what Xi Shen Ko had done. 

Everything Charles knew about him, he had to find out for himself. Now something like this, he usually did to those who threaten him or his friends, like for example, he found out exactly why Shintarou went to Japan some time ago. However, Shao Long was not a threat to him, or at the very least, not now. Despite this, he took measures of finding out what exactly had been happening around Shao Long, despite it not being the tiniest bit of his interest before. 

Of course, there are a few times he failed to find out the information that he needed. For instance, right now. Shao Long refused to tell him what was really meant by the word dualism, and from word alone, Charles was able to confirm that Shao Long got twice the information from the journal than anyone ever did added up together. What Shao Long explained wasn't too brief, but Charles knew there was much more to it. 

Shao Long had confirmed, that one of the splits was a woman, and that she was only recently manifested, only a couple of years while the first split was the one doing all those crime. Because Xi Shen Ko had a high IQ, his split also had a high IQ, but unlike him, that split was able to use it to is advantage, trapping Xi Shen Ko in his own mind while the split takes control over long periods of time. 

The person they are fighting against right now is a split that had long appeared in Xi Shen Ko's life. He took over the body long before, becoming the one to do all sorts of crime, including killing off his family and pursuing Su Yinming. Not that it was the split who had fallen in love, it was technically impossible for that psychopath to ever acquire someone like Su Yinming without literally killing off everyone. It was the real Xi Shen Ko who did, and it was the split who had gotten her for him. Xi Shen Ko made sure that the pursuing wasn't some kind of blackmail, and it is true. He made sure the split didn't kill Su Qinlan to transfer her heart to her father. He made sure the split never forced Su Yinming to marry him. But what he couldn't control was what the split did to find its own way around the rules he had made. 

It never occurred to him that while yes, the split didn't kill Su Qinlan or force their marriage, what Su Yinming thought is completely independent of Xi Shen Ko's actions. That means, she was allowed to make her speculations, and the reason the split wanted to threaten Su Yinming into the marriage when they could simply pursue her in a much more decent and humane way, the split made sure that the woman knew what she would be dealing with. The split wanted her to know that there was no rutting out of this relationship because 'it' wanted Xi Shen Ko to be free from heartbreak had Su Yinming ever thought of leaving. 

It was true that the split had always wanted to protect the host, but there was never a certain way for a split to 'protect' the host. That includes doing something the host never agreed upon, and it couldn't be helped because the split could and would take control over the body whenever 'it' wanted to. The split's IQ is considerably lower than Xi Shen Ko, but 'it' knew how to use it to his advantage. 'It' was able to have more duration of control that Xi Shen Ko did. 

After the marriage, however as Shao Long had said it, the split stayed silent because one, Xi Shen Ko suffered through his own mental barrier that he made to block out the split from hurting Su Yinming, and then later, for their children. During this time, Xi Shen Ko moved to America and change his usual lifestyle to make it hard for him to adapt. By doing this, the split also went silent, also navigating through their new lives. Two, the split itself never wanted to deal with weak and delicate children, because that's simply a part of Xi Shen Ko, a silent identity inside him that hates kids. The real Xi Shen Ko does hate kids, but he absolutely will never let his split touch his children.