Chapter 127: The Barb

After rereading through the previous chapter, I realized how drowsy I was then. The number of typos, and the monologue of Xi Shen Ko at the ending.... 

Ahem ahem. 

Anyway, we're past that. What's written is written. Eid was cool, had a nice trip, just got back to my baby laptop and finally had the chance to write after a day of rest yada yada aaaaaand we're back here. 

But you guys had me disappearing on y'all for half aa year before anyway, so this five days of silence is nothingggggg. 

Cough cough. 

Where were we?

Btw, can someone please tell me again whereeee exactly is Momosu Island on the map? I saw it once a few years ago and forgot all about it. For now, I am still assuming the UK is the closest country there is, okay? 

_______________________________________________________

"Albert, you need to call some soldiers." Evan piped up the longer they studied the screen of Nova's laptop portraying Charles confronting Xi Shen Ko. They've only been through for a minute or two, and Nova was already slipping through his control, going over a few tabs all at once to keep the video streaming. After the first gunshot, they knew that the guards Evan and Xi Shen Ko's host had provided would not be able to defend anyone at the hospital. They were too susceptible to hypnosis, too exposed to Xi Shen Ko's presence and mind not nearly as strong as they were expected to, due to the shock of the revelation of what kind of monster they were fighting, which was mostly the case for Evan's men. Xi Shen Ko's host, however, must have succumbed under a suggestion at some point throughout their recruit, knowing how much control Xi Shen Ko had with his twisted identities. 

Right now, they needed men who were aware of Xi Shen Ko's crimes, men who were prepared to confront his hypnosis, men who have never met him before, but knew what he could do, what to expect from him, and they needed a lot of them. 

England, being the closest country to the island, was naturally the first option. 

"With what phone?" Albert almost rolled his eyes, knowing for a fact that none of their devices, except Nova's were spared from Shao Long's virus attack. That, and he didn't make it a habit to own more than one phone for no reason.

"The Academy landline is still available." Gion helpfully adds. 

Albert hesitated at the notion, somewhat not liking the idea of contacting his father through a landline of all things. He may even be passed to one of his father's assistants, recorded his request before finally being put through to him. That was, if his father wasn't bombarded with panicking politicians screaming into his ears about satellites and terrorism on an island his son was schooled in. 

"He'll answer to you before anyone else."

"You can't be that sure."

"I can." Gion held his gaze, as if him confirming the crown prince of England's priorities was something as factual and obvious as reciting the alphabet.