Chapter 89: Mr Davis

So..... there will be a test directly after entering school aka two weeks from now. And I ain't studying no shiet yet.

The first week of school is greeted with a test.

Yay....

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

Everything was silent. While it was basically suspicious enough in the medicine storeroom, Shao Long still had his gaze focused on the restroom area. He even forgot to check on Xueyang's spot.

Xueyang, seeing that Shao Long and Shao Jun were both silent, thought that it was still unsafe outside. Feeling somewhat uneasy, he stayed silent.

Shao Long felt a growing panic rising in his stomach. Shao Jun was still texting the guards. Shao Long resisted the urge to call his brother, to warm him to get out of there as fast as possible, but he couldn't risk Shao Jun being found out either.

Why was he suspicious of this male nurse exactly?

Plenty of reasons in the first place. Mr Davis was the nurse in the hospital that kept all the data of the patient, and for someone with this position, it wouldn't be odd for him to have access to the staff either.

Suddenly, Shao Long's phone rang. Flinching in shock, Shao Long turned to look at the screen. There, Principal Evan's name popped up. Sighing a breath of relief, Shao Long answered the phone.

"Yes, Sir?"

"What's going on, where did all the guards go?"

"Oh, Shao Jun sent them into hiding to not scare.....the crowd..." Shao Long's voice trailed off, feeling somewhat off. He hadn't thought about it before, but he had never asked where exactly did the guards hide...

"Hide? Shao Long, just which part of the hospital can they hide and protect you at the same time? Under the bed? I can't contact any of them here." Evan's voice contained both concern and anger, slightly scaring Shao Long.

"It's not that, they're still around I'm sure. Two is outside the door-"

"Shao Long, where is Xueyang and your brother?" Evan cut him off.

"They went to follow Rose Willow....she was starting to become overly suspicious. Um, Sir, where are you right now?"

"At the entrance, I'm coming up. Don't go anywhere, this place feels off. Shao Long, Charles is-"

Shao Long hadn't heard anything after that. His phone was drawn away from his ear. With his pupils shrunk, eyes focused on the computer in front of him, his mind had blocked off any sound around him.

Because at the moment, Mr Davis had just exited one cubicle, backing the surveillance cameras. Only this time, he was a lot more different than the man he had previously seen. The hunched back was now as straight as a pole, the once brown hair, now pitch black and slightly long. The nurse clothes he had donned were now replaced with a long coat, one that Shao Long would've recognized anywhere.

Shao Long didn't have to see his face to know that this man wasn't Mr Davis. He was Xi Shen Ko.

And at the moment, this man had turned to directly face the surveillance camera, revealing the well-refined features almost similar to his own. Staring dead centre into the camera, Shao Long felt as if they were having a direct eye contact, as if Xi Shen Ko knew that he was staring at him right now.

His chest twisted in pain, causing him to gasp.

The heart rate monitor beeped significantly louder and faster, indicating the increases of heart rate.

Meanwhile, Shao Jun who was oblivious of the situation just outside the cubicle, kept texting the guards. For some reason, he just couldn't get any of them to reply. Stressing on this fact, he wasn't aware of his own father standing directly in front of him, separated by only the wooden door of the cubicle.

Unaware that his own father had already brought out a gun from his pocket, and had pointed the tip straight to his head.

Xi Shen Ko had silently contemplated on whether or not to shoot. If Shao Jun dies, Shao Long will also die sooner or later. It would greatly save him a deal of time and bullet.

But just this once, he wanted Shao Long to realize the situation he was in.

Realize just who he was messing with.

Smirking at the surveillance camera, knowing fully well that Shao Long was watching, he clicked the gun's hammer extend, preparing to shoot.

Shao Jun had heard this click, his body spontaneously froze. A shiver ran down his spine, shaking him in terror. His neck stretched out to the door, pupils contracted.

BANNGG!!

On instincts, he ducked, heart racing faster than ever before. He could've sworn his heart skipped a beat. The shot had sounded so close, he was certain that the gun holder was inside this restroom.

Having thought of this, Shao Jun only had one word crossing his mind.

'Gege'.

_________________________________

"They went to follow Rose Willow....she was starting to become overly suspicious. Um, Sir, where are you right now?"

"At the entrance, I'm coming up. Don't go anywhere, this place feels off. Shao Long, Charles is here with me." Evan waited for the reply as he stepped into the hospital, with Charles trailing behind him.

Turning to glance at the American prince, Evan saw that he too had a darkened look as he looked around.

The moment he entered the building, Charles had already noticed quite a few things. One of them being the crowd that was still forming this late at night. Second was the lack of guards. Third was the sense of danger literally loitering around the room.

"Shao Long? Are you listening?" Evan spoke when he received no reply. Odd. Shao Long would never have left him hanging like this. "Shao Long, are you alright?"

Charles instantly caught the traces of concern in his voice.

"Principal Evan!" a male voice rang through the reception hall, attracting the attention of few. Both Evan and Charles had turned to look at the source of the voice, ears perked up.

It was Dr Micah, rushing towards them.

"What is it, Doc?" Charles asked, although his eyes kept looking around, restless. Somehow, he wanted to just walk away and rush to Shao Long, wanting to know if the other was safe or not.

"I couldn't find any of the guards. Couldn't contact any either. Did you call them away or something?" Dr Micah questioned, his forehead slightly creasing.

"No. Wait, what's going on here-"

BANNGG!!!

The sound of gunshot echoed loud and clear over the walls, alarming every single person inside, from patient to staff. Simultaneously, everyone ducked to the ground, fearing for their lives.

"What the hell-" Evan's voice was cut off when a figure dashed by him, leaving him static to the spot. Streaks of yellow hair flashed before his eyes, faster than anything else in the room.

Charles wasn't thinking clearly. He didn't bother to think where the gunshot was from, who was carrying the gun, or to what reason did the person shoot. Hell, he could care less even if the person was aiming for him. All that was in his mind right now was nothing else but Shao Long.

He felt as if he wasn't fast enough.

A/N: Now it has turned awfully short...