Chapter 43 - Shelter

Guys I completely forgot to include XUEYANG AND ALEX for the last few chapters, how come no one notified me?!

Thankfully, I edited the last few parts. Feel free to read again. In any case, do remember that I am writting for fun, not perfection, so if anything seems wrong, please tolerate me and forgive me....

 In any case, do remember that I am writting for fun, not perfection, so if anything seems wrong, please tolerate me and forgive me

🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

"Charles......" Shao Long choked.

Once again, with his muscles now stiff from overexertion, Shao Long oassed out. Before he could collapse, Charles caught him in his arms.

Charles glanced at the dark sky, seeing that the rain will not stop for a long time. He then swiftly took off his rain cloak and slipped in onto the passed out youth, uncaring about his own clothes being drenced.

Why should he care about getting drenched when this person had been in the rain for hours by himself in the forest?

Shao Long's eyes drooped low, lips parted in Charles' arms. Seeing the unconscious weakened state of him, Charles didn't hesitate to scoop him up in his arms and scurried to find any possible means of shelter. If he couldn't find the academy in time, then it's best to warm themselves up first, and maybe inform Principle Evan when suitable. Right now, he needed to focus on finding shelter....

Going uo the hill had proven to be more challenging than expected. A simple slip of the feet can result to both of them with a broken leg, so Charles lost half an hour just to get them back up where he first started, where Shao Long first fell off.

Charles tried to find the white ribbon he left nearby. As far as he remembered, he saw a huge tree just around the area, with roots dried and hollow underneathe. Although leaks may be present from above, beggars can't be choosers. It would still do them a great deal of favour.

Remembering his steps from before, Charles struggled to find the ribbon, clutching the teen in his arms tighter than before.

When he did find the ribbon, he stood facing it, then turn west, the supposed direction of the said tree. Sure enough, within a few dozens of feet from them, a massive tree stood, almost dead.

Eyes lit, Charles strode there, his steps agile, avoiding all roots on the way. Reaching the tree, Charles slipped under the empty spaces between the roots and slid underneathe. There, he sighed, laying Shao Long on the ground beside him.

Shelter found.

The noise from the rain had decreased there, perfect to communicate with the rest of them. He shivered from the cold rainwater seeping into his bone bit by bit. With one more glance at Shao Long to make sure he's safe, Charles fished out the walkie talkie in his pocket and pressed the communication button.

"Guys, I found him" he said, voice shaky due to the cold.

In that moment, Xueyang answered "Is he safe?"