Chapter 48 - Bribing Xueyang

"You can't go to school".

"Why not?"

"You're half alive and could barely stand. Go to school? Don't make me laugh".

'I'm feeling better now, you know?"

"Nice try, but no. Even if I can't stop you, do you think all the people outside will let you out? They'd be happy to lock you inside. And if you got out anyway, I wold hunt you down and drag you back to your room. Deal with it".

Shao Long sighed once more, still wrapped in his blanket. Xueyang was blocking the door with his arms crossed. The rest of the princes were all back to their own rooms. It was already noon and most of them hadn't completed their weekend homework yet. Shao long himself hadn't dealt with tons of things, including the assignment given to him by their father which was already due. That being said, he was sure to be punished sooner or later. That would mean three times more workload. When would he have the time for all this?

Xueyang knew exactly what Shao Long was thinking and shook his head. "Leave your father to me. I will make up an excuse for you. As for the work, I will access your email and get it done later. Don't worry too much".

"You still have your own portion of work to do. Shao Jun has his. Xi Shen Ko will not be happy. Xueyang, you will be punished" Shao Long slowly got off the bed and walked to his assistant, the blanket still hugging his figure.

"What's a small deduction of my salary to me? If that old man decided he could give me a beating too, so what. Not that I couldn't handle a few hits". Xueyang moved away from Shao Long that was nearing him, looking away. He knew exactly what he would do. Show his puppy eyes. if that does not work, he would proceed to bribe him with some things that should not be mentioned.....

Seeing that Xueyang will not look him in the eye, Shao Long proceeded to bribe him after all "You know, Shao Jun said that he bought countless items during the last shopping trip, including hawthorn berries".

"If you think bribing me with food is a good idea, then I would have to disappoint you" Xueyang scoffed.

"Is that so?" Shao Long walked over to the window, ignoring the indifference of this person "Too bad, though. I could've sworn I'm in the mood to make sweets lately".

In an instant, Xueyang's ears perked up.

"Shao Jun also bought a lot of sugar by the way. Making tanghulu during cold days like this would be quite refreshing. Too bad. Seems like you don't want it. I'm planning to make it for everyone as thanks for finding me".

"....Everyone?"

A/N: Tanghulu is a chinese street snack that's sold literally everywhere in China. Here's a pick.

"Yes, I'd make two for Shao Jun and each of the princes, including Principle Evan and Sir Godfreg

"Yes, I'd make two for Shao Jun and each of the princes, including Principle Evan and Sir Godfreg. I'll have all of them come over tomorrow night and have them all eat in front of you" Shao Long looked genuinely excited for his plan and began imagining how much he needed to make for everyone.