Chapter 57 - Marrying Into a Certain Chinese Family

"Alright alright, I'm sorry, okay? Here. For you" Charles didn't think more than a minute before putting something in Shao Long's bowl. The once talkative chatterbox suddenly went quiet.

Actually, with him being quiet, the whole table did too. Shao Long was staring at the food Charles out in his bowl with a darkened expression.

Just now, he did say that putting food on a person's bowl during meals is a sign of respect. Now that Charles had done it, instead of looking pleased, Shao Long looked like he was mocked.

Shao Jun found it odd somwhow, and took a peep at his brother's bowl. The second he saw the food placed there by Charles prior, his expression changed.

"Pfft...."

And thus, he broke into a fit of laughter, shocking everyone there, including Shao Long. Xueyang himself rolled his eyes and went to look at the said food.

Once again, as he saw the said food, he too erupted. The whole dining room was filled with the laughter of these two Chinese, still leaving the rest of them shocked.

"Out of all the food on the table...hahahahaha....you chose the chicken head?!" Shao Long said between his laughs. With one hand clutched onto his stomach, he set down his chopsticks.

"What's wrong with that?" Charles asked, confused.

Xueyang was still very much laughing when he answered "You dunce! Chicken heads bring bad luck!"

A/N: Idk if this information is true or not, I've only seen it in a movie somewhere that says chicken heads bring bad luck in Chinese superstition, or maybe that's just something Malaysian Chinese. Unfortunately, Google said nothing about it so I've had some doubts,but let's just say it's true...hahaha

"It does?!" Charles exclaimed in surprise.

"Then why is it cooked?!" Albert asked "If it brings bad luck, why is it on the dinner table?!"

Shao Long sighed, rubbing his face with a tired expression "It's because a whole chicken symbolizes unity.... After all, didn't we.....Forget it".

He gave up with these Westerners.

"Oh! So you're saying you cooked a whole chicken as a token of friendship!" Felix was able to grasp the message, thankfully.

"Yes, actually. But fine, since you guys don't know about it, I'll just throw it away...haha" Shao Long felt awkward.

Charles, however, was agitated. "Sorry for that.." he mumbled with a sigh.

"No no, it's okay" Shao Long sighed.

Meanwhile, Shao Jun and Xueyang scoffed. These two, they weren't compatible at all. How can they be in each other's presence?

"Here then" Charles stuck his chopsticks vertically into his bowl pf rice and went to get a spoonful of soup from in front of him. Unbeknownst to him, his actions caused the Chinese duo (Xueyang and Shao Jun) to once again laugh their asses off. Shao Long's face once again darkened, causing the princes to all think 'What's the matter now?!'

Only Shintarou was able to get the situation, and he himself almost spat out his soup. The result was a mess.

"What did it go wrong now?!" Charles asked, panicked.

Shao Long tried to calm his breathing and stated "Sticking your chopsticks vertically like this...... Who are you mourning, your dead ass?!"

"My what?"

"This.....THIS. There's this thing you know in China, called incense burning, which we do to respect our past ancestors. Kinda like praying. And DOING SO WITH YOUR CHOPSTICKS DURING DINNER IS LIKE COURTING DEATH!"