Chapter 88: Explosion

Fun fact 👆.
___________________________________

As Charles observed the ticking timer on the floor, his eyes narrowed. At the moment, probably due to panic, but he wasn't able to think of any other ideas other than the fact that this timer was directly connected to the lowest floor.

"Pick the thing up, please." Charles ordered.

Having heard this order, the two guards looked at each other with confused looks wondering what their superior had in mind. There were no wires connecting the bomb and any other machinery inside the room, so even if say, the bomb was connected to other bombs, it had to be controlled from far away. That is to say, once they were done with this bomb, they'd have to escape as fast as possible.

"Just pick it up." Charles smiled at them, hiding his panic.

Well, since the guards didn't really have a choice, they had stopped whatever it is that they were doing and lift the bomb up. Felix was correct. The bomb was small, and there was no way a bomb this size could damage even more than two rooms. But what caught Charles' attention wasn't the size or how light the bomb appeared to be.

It was the wire that connected the bomb to underneath the floor, where one hole the site of a mouse hole, passing through the metal floor, revealing the floor underneath.

"Is the bomb still active?"

"Yes, it is. Just a moment, Sir." one of the guards there replied with a respectful tone, though his voice had still carried the tiny traces of anxiety.

"Do your thing at the side, I'm gonna check something out. How much time left?"

"Seven minutes, Sir."

"Sh*it..." Charles pinched his nose in distress, leaning down to peep thriugh the mouse hole.

If this wire was connected, that means that down floor was another small bomb, and another small bomb on the floor underneath it, continuously until it reached the bottom line, and there will be one hell of an explosion.

"Ah, remind me later to never go underwater for a few months.." he sighed, focusing his eyes on the small bomb underneath, the exact same bomb as the one next to him.

However, the time wasn't ticking. Instead, upon closer look, the bomb was set to an impact mode, meaning that any impact received, most probably from explosion, would trigger the bomb to explode.

Ah, since this bomb will explode in a matter of minutes, the bomb underneath will also explode, and so would every other bomb in this place. Basically saying, if this first bomb explode, don't even think about escaping, you're pretty much dead already.

Since it's like this, Charles spared no room for stalling, directly shoving past the door and to the stairs that he previously used. No lift needed, that'll only slow him down by thirty seconds at most.

Skipping past the steps by three or four at a time, he stumbled on the stairs a few times before he could make it to the second floor below. Estimating the location based on the room above, Charles was able to find the exact place of where the second bomb was located.

When he got there, he quickly got down on his knees and analysed the bomb in front of him. Aside from the very much similar structure, this bomb didn't have a timer, but the setting.

A touchscreen bomb.

Fancy....

Rolling his eyes, Charles read what was on the screen.