Chapter 85: Uncharted Islands

A/N: In case y'all are confused, here's a picture I drew about what the spiral looks like. The crosses are the 27 marks on the grid.

This is way more complicated than you think bruh...

Y'all go ahead and read. Meanwhile, lemme celebrate my brain for working for something I am unpaid for with a passion that will never fade.

Dammit, I love writing so much, I've been writing for like 6 years and I'm still not having any thoughts about stopping.

I love you guys so much for following my story updates to this extent.

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

Leon had used a graphical website on his phone and substitute the coordinates for these marks onto the graph. And if the lines were to connect like what Felix had previously sketched just now, then if they used a proper sketch with proper measurements, they could find that indeed, a spiral could connect all these marks at an excellent accuracy. Each mark had stayed within the line and none went astray.

Knowing Xi Shen Ko, they knew that this was the exact route he used around the isle, possibly towards his base.

"So the base is right in the middle?" Felix asked.

"Most probably, but as before, the tide is pretty funny." Nubis commented, frowning as he did so. "Since the tides play an important role, and considering how he passed the same mark at the same time of different days, we should probably follow the spiral."

  This wasn't a baseless suggestion. Since the tides rise and fall at the same time, there are few effects like being lost. Hence, it would be best to follow the spiral using the exact same time as Xi Shen Ko did.

"Wouldn't it be better for us to just go to the middle?" Albert suggested.

"Let's not. The tide is still on the low right now. It'd be better to follow the steps as close as possible." Charles replied.

"Then, let's go."

______________________________________

"Mayday mayday, how come there's an uncharted island 12 o'clock??" Felix exclaimed as the boat took sight of the pile of stones that formed an island directly in front of them.

"Uncharted?" Charles turned to look at the GPS and sure enough, there was never an island charted on the map there. To make things worse, judging by the location of the island, they were certain that it was also directly on the spiral path.

"What the he-" just as he was looking away, the boat shook violently. The engine instantly stopped, causing the ship to slightly rock along with the small waves that passed through. The 30 guards inside the deck looked through the window of the boat, each and every one alarmed upon the sudden stop. The princes who were on top all went to the railing, leaning outwards to see what was stopping them.

"It's a coral reef. We're too close to the island." Nubis spoke when he saw the dark shades underwater. Some of the corals were high enough that they were able to distinguish the colours of each.

"Go around it." he ordered.

"But Sir, the coral reef is huge, it would interfere with the time range. By the time we get around it, we're about 10 minutes late." the captain of the ship replied.

"Then speed the boat. Xi Shen Ko used this path. There must've been something that he did."

As they retreated from the coral reef to make a turn around it, all eyes still fell on the island surrounded by the coral reef. However, the longer they stared, the stranger it got. For one, there were hardly any plant on the island. Second, it was made purely out of stones. Third, judging from the distance, the island was only about as tall as half a one storey building, possibly lesser.