Chapter 33 - We're Going Shopping

Honestly can't believe I've gotten this far already! Hehe.

🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

If Shao Long was not okay, then he did not show it. The whole morning, Shao Long had left early along with Xueyang and Shao Jun to the nurse's office as instructed by Principle Evan. Indeed, when they got there, a doctor was waiting for them, along with Principle Evan himself. Because it was a weekend, very few of the princes woke up as they usually do, and thankfully most of them noticed their disappearance.

Charles was not one of them.

He had only slept like a wink the whole night and still couldn't sleep in the morning, only feeling exhausted a little. He figured that Principle Evan would make the matter about the doctor a secret, so the most ideal time would be very early in the morning. Without thinking much, he sneaked out of his dorm and found a really good hiding spot from where he could view the scene inside the nurse's office and within hearing range. Don't ask me how he got there, because Charles could be rather unpredictable at times.

He was right, as ways. Within minutes of waiting, he could spot Principle Evan, along with a man in a casual attire walked inside the office. Anyone would've thought that the person was a regular visitor or guest of the principle, but judging well by how he speak and the contents of his speech, Charles was able to make out his identity easily.

A doctor.

"That kid you're talking about, what kind of special case is it this time?"

"He probably needs something to calm him down. He's not in the best state possible" Principle Evan stated softly.

The two continued to talk to each other until a knock came from the door. Principle Evan called for them to come in, and three youths walked in. Charles was preparing his voice recorder when he heard the doctor said "He looks rather healthy".

"Trust me, he's not" Principle Evan replied.

"I know".

The doctor snickered and walked over to Shao Long "Young man, I can tell an injured person on sight. There's no need to keep up your acting. Just relax. You're fine here".

"Am I?" Shao Long asked with a calm smile. "Then I should really thank you in advance" he bowed to the doctor with his fists clasped together.

"How exactly may I help you? Although I'm pretty sure that there's much I could do, but it solely depends on how much you want me to" the doctor said with a serious tone "Your acting skills are flawless. It'll be hard to fix that".

"Don't worry. I can handle that part, doctor" Shao Long replied with another brilliant smile "By the way, how much do you know about me?"

"Enough to know about your health conditions and your brother's" the doctor hummed to himself, rather pleased with Shao Long's personality. "Are you sure you're doing fine? Do you want something to calm you down?"

"I'm afraid I'm not allowed to consume any other medicine after that day. It's okay. I can take care of that".

"Very well. Come this way please.."

Charles yawned from where he hid as he eyed the doctor who led Shao Long to one of the beds there and pulled the curtains to cover them. Charles couldn't hear the two talking, but still he kept recording.

Just then, his vision was starting to become blurry. His head swayed slowly as his consciousness fade away from his body. He was too.....sleepy....

So yes, in the end, he did fell asleep. Although the voice recorder could pretty much record everything, Charles felt like an idiot for sleeping during times like this.